Main Menu

Hi Grogheads

Started by Russell Ian, October 24, 2021, 10:19:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Ian

Hi! Some of you might know me from the old ACG forum as Stryker19K30 but I decided to finally look for a new community to post in.  I'm a former M1A1 Tank Commander and Stryker Vehicle commander.  Now I'm just an old greybearded wargamer.  I play old cardboard hex and counter, miniatures (1/6000 pre-D) Age of Rifles (10mm) and modern (28mm) as well as computer gaming.

Oh and I'm American but I live in Saint Petersburg, Russia. 

Tripoli

Quote from: Russell Ian on October 24, 2021, 10:19:38 AM
Hi! Some of you might know me from the old ACG forum as Stryker19K30 but I decided to finally look for a new community to post in.  I'm a former M1A1 Tank Commander and Stryker Vehicle commander.  Now I'm just an old greybearded wargamer.  I play old cardboard hex and counter, miniatures (1/6000 pre-D) Age of Rifles (10mm) and modern (28mm) as well as computer gaming.

Welcome aboard! 

Quote from: Russell Ian on October 24, 2021, 10:19:38 AM
Oh and I'm American but I live in Saint Petersburg, Russia.

There's a story in there somewhere...  ;D
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Tripoli on October 24, 2021, 10:30:07 AM

My money is on a lady.

Welcome!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Russell Ian

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 24, 2021, 10:42:59 AM
Quote from: Tripoli on October 24, 2021, 10:30:07 AM

My money is on a lady.

Welcome!

Thanks to both of you!

You'd win that bet! we.ve been married 11.5 years and have a boy and a girl!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.