GROGHEADS Steam Group

Started by Bison, January 29, 2012, 12:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCommandTent

I would be all for it.  I find that alot of games especially FPS types are alot more fun playing with people you know.

Now I don't own alot of multi-player games via STEAM but if we were to stick to one game for a while I am sure I could be easily convinced to purchase it.   ;D

QuoteProbably the server will be open to all, but if it gets crowded the guys who pay get the first slot, followed by those who hang with us in the group.

So if you're some general dude who finds the server you're welcome but will get bumped if someone from the forums/Steam group appears, and those folks might get bumped from play to make room for anyone who has donated.

How does that sound?

I like the way this sounds.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Bison

Made some updates to the Steam page nothing fancy.  Just some quotes I stole off the main page and a site link.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Yeah.  That's what I did.  If you look at the main group page there is now a grogheads link to the forums.  Maybe I should have directed it to the main page instead?

Gusington

No I mean can you put a link to it in this thread...unless you already did that on another page that I missed?

As far as linking the Steam page to Grogheads, users can figure it out, no sweat.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Oh.  I'm not sure.  I'll try later.

Bison

Grogheads Steam page.  http://steamcommunity.com/groups/grogheads

Eventually I'd like to start posting announcements.  Things new reviews or articles from the site.

Also as we've been discussing start up using the schedule events to remind folks of a TF2 or CIV gaming night.  I don't know how well it'll work out, but I honestly think that there are a number of guys here who want to game online with each other.

Huh I guess I did link to the main page and not the forums.  And there is also a link that I'd put in the first post of the thread when I started the group.

TheCommandTent

For some reason I missed the whole TF2 being free.  Yes I know shame on me.  :-\  Well Im dld it now and should have it by the time we schedule something.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Arctic Blast

Looking forward to some MP madness. TF2's a good choice. Never played Day of Defeat, but I'd pick it up. And Left 4 Dead 2 is just fun. BF3 is awesome, but that's getting away from Steam and costs a Hell of a lot more than any of those.  ;D

Bison

Reminder to all the new folks that there is a Steam group up.

I'd encourage all of you who want to play multiplayer on one of your Steam games to post a challenge here and if you request it I can add to the announcement/schedule on Steam.

The plan is to still have a MP server of some sort not sure when this will happen, but it will happen.

bob48

Forgot to do it before - but on it now.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Bison

Top 3 games played by Grogheads:
Shogun 2
NWAC
CIV V

Bison

If anyone who is not using the same avatar name on Steam as here could post their name here or at Steam, so we know who is who.

Arctic Blast

I'm pretty sure my Steam name is Crassmaster...yes, indeed. That's me!

LongBlade

Quote from: Arctic Blast on May 01, 2012, 05:53:21 PM
I'm pretty sure my Steam name is Crassmaster...yes, indeed. That's me!

LB here is LB there.

I got by a few other names on other sites but don't frequent them enough for me to think it'll matter to you guys. My Local Game Store (LGS) has a forum and I'm Wargamer there, but there's only one guy here who would care and he already knows it.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.