GROGHEADS Steam Group

Started by Bison, January 29, 2012, 12:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

^+1

I'm finding that as I get older I'm liking people in general less.  Don't know why, but there it is.  Good thing we have Grogheads were there still exists civilized folk. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

I don't know...since we spend time here virtually and not physically it may be a lot easier. Usually I want to kill people I am forced to share the same space with, like in a train for 90 minutes.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

It's because people who sit next to you on the train think they're the only one on board.  They hog your personal space, give no consideration to you when you need to get out of your seat, etc.  Then they look at you like you're violating the Geneva Convention when you pardon yourself politely whilst trying to exit. 

No one has courtesy or consideration of others anymore. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Gusington

^Man it's like you're inside my head!

Maybe we here really are all one collective hive mind and not separate people as we think we are.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Does the Realism-Invictus mod work with the Steam version of the game?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

I think it does...I think its mentioned earlier in this thread. I fired it up and it is working for me btw.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Bison

15 achievements and counting in Team Fortress 2 over the past 24 hours.  W00T!!!

MetalDog

Gus, W8 and Barthheart, what are the parameters for the game tonight?  Mods or vanilla?  If mods, which one(s)?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Barthheart

I'm up for anything you guys think is doable. I've never played MP live, only PBEM, so I don't even know how to connect or what settings are even possible.

MetalDog

Quote from: Barthheart on February 18, 2012, 10:02:15 AM
I'm up for anything you guys think is doable. I've never played MP live, only PBEM, so I don't even know how to connect or what settings are even possible.

MP live is real easy.  When you load BtS, choose Multiplayer Games.  You will be asked to login with your Gamespy ID, so if you don't already have one, go get one.  Once you have done so, you will be in the Lobby.  You willl look for the name of the game you will be playing, for instance, I host and when W8 and I play, he is looking for Chris's Game.  You double click it, enter the password and you will be taken to the Staging Rooom.  Once there, you can choose your Civ and your Leader and your Difficulty level.  The host can set everything from map size to victory conditions to, well, anything you can do in a single player game.  Once everybody clicks the Ready box, the host launches and you are brought to your game.  You take your turn, hit Enter and once everyone has hit Enter, you go to the next turn.  Simple as all that. 

As long as there is no objections, I will host.  If you have any preferences as to map size or type, number of civs, victory conditions, game options (No Tech Trading, Always War, Always Peace, etc), please make them known.  Once we can all agree, we'll launch.  I have PM'd you the password.

W8taminute

I second to have MetalDog host.  The only mod I have installed in Realism Invictus but if everyone doesn't have it let's play vanilla BtS.

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on February 17, 2012, 09:25:08 PM
I think it does...I think its mentioned earlier in this thread. I fired it up and it is working for me btw.

Awesome!  Let us know what you think after you've spent some time with it.

W8taminute

Quote from: Bison on February 18, 2012, 02:55:35 AM
15 achievements and counting in Team Fortress 2 over the past 24 hours.  W00T!!!

As they say in my neck of the woods, Wicked Awesome dude!

MetalDog

Quote from: W8taminute on February 18, 2012, 12:51:01 PM
Quote from: Bison on February 18, 2012, 02:55:35 AM

As they say in my neck of the woods, Wicked Awesome dude!

They also say "Yankees SUCK!" in your neck of the woods and we KNOW how untrue THAT is!  :-)

Gusington

^Yeah really.

The only thing that will keep me from making it tonight is if my family dinner runs long. If I am not there by 9:35pm don't wait for me. I will however try to make it every week if it's always at 9:30pm EST Saturday. That time should usually work for me. Hope to see you guys later.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd