L4D2 starting tonight!

Started by LongBlade, November 03, 2012, 09:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Lobby open for anyone who wants to jump into the game.

Gusington

Will you be around at 10pm EST?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Not sure got a little work to do this evening.  I try but no promises.

Gusington

OK. If I don't pass out I'll swing by.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Xicano

Grognards playing L4D??? Sweet. I look forward to zombie smashing with you guys. I know you guys already played but I look forward to playing with you in the future.

LongBlade

Quote from: Xicano on November 05, 2012, 07:05:27 PM
Grognards playing L4D??? Sweet. I look forward to zombie smashing with you guys. I know you guys already played but I look forward to playing with you in the future.

Welcome! Good to see you.

Best way to get a group together is to friend us on the GrogHeads Steam group. Then look for us online. There are eight or so of us (at least) with the game. Weekend nights are usually best for folks. We actually have a forum for finding friends, but I didn't use it when I started this thread. Sorry :)
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Oche

Quote from: Xicano on November 05, 2012, 07:05:27 PM

It's amazing how far can Grognards go...  ;D

bob48

Well - LB with a samuri sword is kinda --- awesome. A one-man zeke killin' machine.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Deadskin

I'm always up for some zombie killin fun hit me up on steam if you ever need another.

LongBlade

Quote from: Deadskin on November 06, 2012, 06:08:18 PM
I'm always up for some zombie killin fun hit me up on steam if you ever need another.

Bob and I made it to within one fuel tank of winning Dead Center tonight then got horde bombed and gave up.

Besides, it's about dinner time and then we've election returns to watch.

LongBlade

Quote from: bob48 on November 06, 2012, 05:48:39 PM
Well - LB with a samuri sword is kinda --- awesome. A one-man zeke killin' machine.

I think Oche tries to go through the entire level using nothing but melee weapons. I was having fun - I don't normally do that. Try to hook up with Oche - that's SOP for him.

donkey_roxor

What difficulty do you usually play?

LongBlade

Quote from: donkey_roxor on November 06, 2012, 06:16:12 PM
What difficulty do you usually play?

Depends on who I'm with.

If I'm LFG and solo I usually go for the highest. If you can find a crack group it's a hoot.

Playing with some of the guys here who aren't used to it, I've found we play on easiest. That's not a knock on them, but playing at higher levels takes a group that is paying close attention to where the areas are that trigger hordes, stick together tightly, and exercise a high level of situational awareness. It takes time to learn how to play at those levels, and they'll need to play for a bit before they get up there.

Ya know what we ought to do? A four on four game with survivors vs zombies. That sounds like fun :)

Oche

Quote from: LongBlade on November 06, 2012, 06:14:12 PM
Quote from: bob48 on November 06, 2012, 05:48:39 PM

I think Oche tries to go through the entire level using nothing but melee weapons. I was having fun - I don't normally do that. Try to hook up with Oche - that's SOP for him.

Thing is i hate running low on ammo, specially when a Tank pops up when you least expect so i tend to go melee frenzy but it has the disadvantage of making you prone to be a target to special infected zombies (i hate jockeys).  ;D

LongBlade

Bob and I making a last stand...