Grogheads Steam Group - Friday Night Rumble

Started by Bison, November 15, 2012, 06:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Father Ted

Red Orchestra 1 or 2, or Darkest Hour for me - though I'm guessing you're all mostly US-based, so your evening is well past my bedtime.  I know L4D2 is just four-player, so you can have a closed match, but are you that against joining a public server for RO?  They really 25 v 25 to work.  You can get on TS and form a squad - it's still a blast.

Anyone tried M&B Napoleon MP?  That's quite fun, especially if you do the "commander" mode - bit of tactical thinking required.

SDR: do you do RoF MP?

2000 - 2400 hrs GMT is my time slot for MP FPS/RoF on a Friday

TheCommandTent

Quote from: LongBlade on November 17, 2012, 12:16:08 AM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 16, 2012, 10:53:21 PM
Bastards!  I burned straight home from work only to be snubbed!  Snubbed I tells ya! 

I hope Command Tent shoots you all in the back of the head. 

*runs from room crying*

You could have taken my spot.

Sorry for the rage quit guys. After replaying that end mission for the fourth time I couldn't take it.

We are totally blaming you for our failures now :)

For the record it was like this.  The rest of us were on voice chat trying to form some sort of plan.  Then all of the sudden LB would 'Leroy Jenkins' us and run off into a herd of zombies, so yes its his fault.   ;D  :P
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Bison on November 17, 2012, 01:03:06 AM
All in all it was a successful debute of the Grogheads Friday Night Rumble event.  Quick recap.

We were kicking ass until the last battle on the Passage.  We died about 10 million times trying to fill up the generator.  LB abandoned us and rightfully so.  Tent was leading everyone to their doom.  Gus was doing something.  I had something riding my head at all times.  Somehow the three worst L4D2 players on planet earth managed to win but we didn't really.  Gus abandoned Tent and I to die while he made the get away.

Sent Jomni and SDR invites to play but they'd must have called it a night too.

Anyway not sure what next Friday will bring but I'm open to suggestions.  I think a L4D2 versus game would be pretty sweet.  Anyone else have some suggestions?

Lots of death and horrible dying all around.  But hey I didn't kill any teammates by shooting them in the back of the head this time. :)

Below is a shot of how the night ended for us and is fairly telling on how the night went as a whole.  In the screenshot you see me getting choked by a smoker while being mobbed by a mass of zombies while my teammates lay dead or incapacitated.  To make matters worse in the back of the picture you see an open door with a nice warm and inviting light.  Thats the safe room and if one of us got to it the we would win the level.  So close...   :(

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

bob48

'Leroyyyyyy............'

LOL - brings back happy WoW memories - that used to be be a (10 man?) instance back in the day - you can solo it now.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bob48

Quote from: MetalDog on November 17, 2012, 01:16:17 AM
I'm trying my first Warlock game for just such an occasion :-)

Great game MD - although we only played a little co-op on-line, it was fun. Its even better now with the latest patches.

'Clip those corners'

Gusington

With definite RO interest...maybe we can throw something together tonight?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Are we talking 1 or 2 here?  I have both but neither are installed. 

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on November 17, 2012, 12:28:07 PM
Are we talking 1 or 2 here?  I have both but neither are installed.

I think I like 1 better than 2.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Bison

I haven't really played RO2 multiplayer since shortly after release.  I just think that whenever we pick a game for a Grogheads mulitplayer game that it meets two criteria.

1. People have it or access to it.
2. People are interested and will commit to playing.

That's why L4D2 has worked.  It really only requires 4 people and it's something alot of folks have and if not it's pretty cheap.  It's also why I've advocated for Team Fortress 2 in the past.  Not that it's a realistic game but it's free and fun to drop into for a few hours at a time.

Anyway.  Here's the suggestions so far:

L4D2 campaign/versus modes
Red Orchestra (1 or 2 not sure)
Warlock

Silent Disapproval Robot

We could play ArmA 2 co-op.  That's always fun.

bob48

I've got Warlock and L4D2, and RO is pretty cheap and I would buy that if peeps wanna play it. RO1 is £7 and RO2 £15, so I could go for either.

'Clip those corners'

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

I have Team Fortress 2, too. Great game for some over-the-top action.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Con

what about World of Tanks

There is still the WOOT (wargamers world of tanks clan) that I set up back in the day.  Barely anyone goes on it anymore but it still is active

Con

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Father Ted on November 17, 2012, 06:58:38 AM
SDR: do you do RoF MP?

2000 - 2400 hrs GMT is my time slot for MP FPS/RoF on a Friday

I've tried, but I can never find a server that is both full and uses the rules/planeset I'd like.  I'd like full real or near full real with engine management relaxed but no icons and rolling plane sets.

Syndicate is OK but it always seems to devolve into Camels vs D VIIIs.