Grogheads Steam Group - Friday Night Rumble

Started by Bison, November 15, 2012, 06:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCommandTent

Looking forward to it tonight.  I"ll try hard not to shoot any of you in the back this time :)
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Bison

Quote from: TheCommandTent on November 16, 2012, 07:52:18 PM
Looking forward to it tonight.  I"ll try hard not to shoot any of you in the back this time :)

:o

Pah'leez!

That's like asking the sun to not come up tomorrow.   ;D

Silent Disapproval Robot

Bastards!  I burned straight home from work only to be snubbed!  Snubbed I tells ya! 

I hope Command Tent shoots you all in the back of the head. 

*runs from room crying*

LongBlade

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 16, 2012, 10:53:21 PM
Bastards!  I burned straight home from work only to be snubbed!  Snubbed I tells ya! 

I hope Command Tent shoots you all in the back of the head. 

*runs from room crying*

You could have taken my spot.

Sorry for the rage quit guys. After replaying that end mission for the fourth time I couldn't take it.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Bison

Yeah.  We finally beat it too.  I sent SDR about 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 invites and he just ignored our pleas for help.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Didn't see them.  I was busy shooting down the Hun over Verdun in Rise of Flight.

Gusington

2 hours is the limit for me on that game...any more and I will lose it.

Now I'm hungry.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

All in all it was a successful debute of the Grogheads Friday Night Rumble event.  Quick recap.

We were kicking ass until the last battle on the Passage.  We died about 10 million times trying to fill up the generator.  LB abandoned us and rightfully so.  Tent was leading everyone to their doom.  Gus was doing something.  I had something riding my head at all times.  Somehow the three worst L4D2 players on planet earth managed to win but we didn't really.  Gus abandoned Tent and I to die while he made the get away.

Sent Jomni and SDR invites to play but they'd must have called it a night too.

Anyway not sure what next Friday will bring but I'm open to suggestions.  I think a L4D2 versus game would be pretty sweet.  Anyone else have some suggestions?

Gusington

I would like to play Red Orchestra with you fellers. That's why I bought it.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Someone will have to recon server status for one we can occupy for the evening.  We can do Red Orchastra but we'll need quite a few guys willing to throw down for the evening to make it fun.  At least 6 or so on a side I'd think for it to be interesting.  I assume you are talking RO1 and not RO2.

MetalDog

I'm trying my first Warlock game for just such an occasion :-)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Silent Disapproval Robot

Hell yeah I'm up for some Red Orchestra 2. 

Here's mah stats.

Gusington

Well if we need six a side it may not be realistic. Back in the day though we were able to get 4 or 5 to a side for some COD 2 matches.

Any other suggestions? I'd play Warlock MP if there was interest [which I am sure there is]

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

You can flesh out the sides in RO2 with bots.  They are pretty much of the DERP school of AI but at least they populate the maps.

Nefaro

I can't find Grogheads on a Group search, on Steam.  Damn that thing!  :-[

Do I need to slaughter a chicken or something?