Dom 3 slow game (2 day turnaround)[closed]

Started by Yskonyn, March 04, 2013, 01:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 16, 2013, 10:46:33 AM
looking at my pretender and his tendencies - i think that's where they're supposed to go Huw!

LMAO!  So you have a gender-bender as well?  I have a bearded mage called Tiffany. :D

(With apologies to any of my fellow players who were hoping for a totally serious, steeped-in-lore kind of a game...)

Nefaro

Have you guys started this game yet? 

I didn't realize you'd changed it to 2-days per turn.  That's probably in my sweet spot.  (That last bit didn't sound proper, did it?)

I've never played multi-player, and have no clue as to what goes on with "llamaserver" so I'd have to finger things out a bit (and with the Pretender selection) if you still have a spot open.

Huw the Poo

The Llamaserver makes things significantly easier, Nef.  It mails you your turn, then when you're done, you just hit reply and mail it straight back.  Nice and simple.  You can also request a re-send and check the status of the turn (i.e. who's submitted their turns yet, when the time limit expires etc).

As an example, take a look at the Llamaserver page for the EA game we have going on.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Nefaro on March 16, 2013, 01:25:24 PM
Have you guys started this game yet? 

I didn't realize you'd changed it to 2-days per turn.  That's probably in my sweet spot.  (That last bit didn't sound proper, did it?)

I've never played multi-player, and have no clue as to what goes on with "llamaserver" so I'd have to finger things out a bit (and with the Pretender selection) if you still have a spot open.

jump on - youve got a few days to figure out pretender and strategies and race choice before Ysk gets back

See page 1 of this thread to see whos picked what and note theres also Gameleaper with Acros

And lastly read Jasons post a few up about switching on, not just installing all the mods before you send in the pretender - our only hiccup so far

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 16, 2013, 02:05:14 PM

And lastly read Jasons post a few up about switching on, not just installing all the mods before you send in the pretender - our only hiccup so far

I turned the four mods on, in-game.  There isn't any extra file shuffling other than unzipping and activating is there?

Huw the Poo

Nope, that's it.  If you were able to activate them in-game, you've done everything.

Nefaro

Now it's on to figuring out which Nation to choose.

When is Ysk getting back?  Monday or Tuesday?

Nefaro

Boy, the size of the individual territories, on that Dragon Age (Thedas) Map, are BIG.  Gotta zoom out a lot more than the vanilla-sized ones.

Edit:  I highly suggest you guys get used to playing on that map because the clickable hot spots for the provinces don't match up with the actual province borders.  So you can easily rt-click inside a province, and a neighboring one will be chosen instead.  Also double check that your move orders are moving directly to the flag inside the territory, and not a different one.

Huw the Poo

Probably a good idea to use the "neighbours" map filter then.

Nefaro

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 16, 2013, 08:36:01 PM
Probably a good idea to use the "neighbours" map filter then.

I haven't seen any weirdness regarding connections.  Just some clickable hotspots in the wrong place the closer you click to some of the borders.  Doesn't always match up & I almost accidentally sent my Test SC to the wrong province because clicking inside the proper one selected a different location.  :o

Phobos

I just ran a test with 11 players on the Thedas map and one of the nations disappeared (it's start location was overwritten by another nation).

I'll suggest something like Land of Legends, but if anyone has a better option, by all means use it.

135 land provinces, coastal city provinces, denoted by an anchor, have a 'port' connection to the central island.  Nations with sailing commanders might have a distinct advantage on this map.

sorry for the image size, I could not find a smaller one.

dl link
http://koti.kapsi.fi/elmokki/dom3/maplist/files/landoflegends.zip

Corwin123

gameleaper

you probably already know by now, but if anybody needs to figure out how to play multiplayer on the server, here is all the info
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=35160

gameleaper

Im in the UK,Manchester. What is the time difference on the server to me?

Huw the Poo

It will show you times in GMT so you don't need to worry about that. :)