Dom 3 slow game (2 day turnaround)[closed]

Started by Yskonyn, March 04, 2013, 01:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrdman57

From the game status page it looks like yskonym didn't get his turn in before the deadline. What happens in that situation?

parone

i didn't get a turn-did you?  i think he extended the turn for another day.  so if he gets his turn in in the next day we'll all get turns at that point.  if not, he'll probably delay again. 

JasonPratt

Looks like he's already updated it (and the other game) for Tuesday April 9th. Otherwise the system would have sent out new turns for everyone, including him; with the game assuming he does nothing for his turn except what his faction would have done automatically anyway (like research).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

byrdman57

Lol good call. Apparently I can't tell the difference between Monday and Tuesday  :-X

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 08, 2013, 05:22:29 PM
Looks like he's already updated it (and the other game) for Tuesday April 9th. Otherwise the system would have sent out new turns for everyone, including him; with the game assuming he does nothing for his turn except what his faction would have done automatically anyway (like research).

he stealth ninjad us again - from the cockpit at 40k feet

byrdman57

I knew there was a good reason for putting wifi on planes.

Yskonyn

Sorry about that guys.
We ran into some delays, made the night way too long and I  needed the sleep first. That would have made me stale on my turn. Can't have that now can we? ;)

Turn is due in a few hours.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Yskonyn

Ok guys, we have an issue with the current game.

Gameleaper has contacted me about not being able to continue with the game due to personal reasons. I have asked him wether he would be able to present a replacement player to take over his nation, but he hasn't replied yet.

If we don't get a replacement for him the only option is to turn his nation to AI controlled. Not a very good alternative, if its up to me.
I'll keep delaying the game until we have a solution.

Perhaps one of the new players in de MA game on here would like to take over?
I have another stopover coming tomorrow evening, so I would be grateful if you guys could fix this while I am away?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

I probably wasn't going to be able to play a turn after Saturday until sometime Monday night anyway.

Some of the guys in the 3rd game might want to pick up an established position. I'll ask tomorrow.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

parone

if you want i can post for newb sub at invision/shrapnel

byrdman57

It looks like one of the folks from the MA game is willing to step in. He's a newbie, but it seems like most of us are as well.

Phobos

Relevant to this situation, at the very least, important information for a player taking over for Arco.

Arcoscephale's invasion of Bogarus was halted by superior magic.  There is enough barbequed elephant to feed my entire nation for the rest of the year and Arco is poorly prepared for a counterattack.

It may not be fun inheriting a war, so after Bogarus reclaims it's territory, we may be prepared to discuss terms with the new management of Arco.

byrdman57

Ooh, there was already a war and I didn't even know about it? No message board taunting? For shame!

Phobos

Quote from: byrdman57 on April 11, 2013, 07:06:03 PM
Ooh, there was already a war and I didn't even know about it? No message board taunting? For shame!

There is not much to tell.

Bogarus captured a territory neighbouring Arcoscephale's empire.  We sent them a message, saying that we would be willing to negotiate a border arrangement.  Arco stalled negotiations and then proceeded to invade.

My first thought was "Wow, that is a lot of elephants..."

I sacrificed some cavalry and took out a few elephants, while recruiting some forces and marching them to my borders.

Arco got overconfident and went all-in on an attack.  The nobility of Bogarus are now wearing lots of ivory and dining on massive steaks.  I'm now confident in my ability to kill elephants faster than Arcoscephale can produce them.

Sleep, Paralysis and Rage were instrumental spells in my defence.

There was some good-natured and in-character banter between Gameleaper and I via PM.  I hope his personal issues are not too serious and wish him/her well.   

parone

odd how often 'personal issues' flare up immediately after a massive defeat...