Dom 3 slow game (2 day turnaround)[closed]

Started by Yskonyn, March 04, 2013, 01:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 19, 2013, 10:20:10 AM
Gath already explained what his problem was: bad internet connection while traveling. Not everyone is comfortable using wi-fi cafes (or the equivalent thereof).

Let's not jump to conclusions. He said he'd get his turn in when he could access the net. The larger a game is (and this one is medium sized) the more often someone's life will interfere with the progression of the game.

i thought that was bison in Groghammer

i dont recall seeing anything from vlam

Vlam

Oh he, c'mon!
I am not leaving this game >:( . And I'm not the one that lost a battle this turn btw ;D .
Indeed, I had a busy week. No time for myself, even less for dominions... I'm doing my best, but as said earlier, I'm also looking at the timer.

I love you Huw, you are the only one that believes in me :'( .

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Vlam on April 19, 2013, 04:06:03 PM
I love you Huw, you are the only one that believes in me :'( .

Heh, no worries mate.  As I said, the turn timer will make sure we get our turns even if you don't do anything. ;)

I hope you're enjoying the game!

JasonPratt

Hey, I believed in you Vlam!

(I just had you mixed up with someone else...)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

parone

Vlam, i am sorry for doubting you, and am very happy to have been wrong.

congrats on putting a major ass whuppin' on me...

Nefaro

I've begun wondering if I had borked my Pretender setup at the start of the game.  I don't recall doing the crazy scale settings I ended up with. 

I also don't recall if I had been drinking when I created it.  :P

undercovergeek

Quote from: Nefaro on April 21, 2013, 12:11:59 PM
I've begun wondering if I had borked my Pretender setup at the start of the game.  I don't recall doing the crazy scale settings I ended up with. 

i think we had this in the other forum - your scales may not necessarily look like the ones you picked depending on the season, your dom spread and other nations proximity

Ogaburan

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 21, 2013, 12:18:41 PM

i think we had this in the other forum - your scales may not necessarily look like the ones you picked depending on the season, your dom spread and other nations proximity

Also sites... Magical sites change the scales regardless if you "see" them or not.

JasonPratt

Also, reportedly there's a bug to the effect that fiddling back and forth with the scales during creation will screw them somehow in the final product. I haven't been able to verify that myself, but the way around it (if it really exists) is to make notes about where you want your magic and dominion (and awakened status), and then quit the pretender creation without saving (maybe also restarting the game fresh just to be sure), before starting the creation fresh with only the fewest clicks directly to the settings you want to use.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 21, 2013, 12:18:41 PM

Yes, we did.  But I loaded up my saved Pretender file in a new game and I seem to have gone with some crazy setup.

Hahah!  No worries!  It'll be interesting to see how that turns out!   ;D

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 21, 2013, 03:53:44 PM
Also, reportedly there's a bug to the effect that fiddling back and forth with the scales during creation will screw them somehow in the final product. I haven't been able to verify that myself, but the way around it (if it really exists) is to make notes about where you want your magic and dominion (and awakened status), and then quit the pretender creation without saving (maybe also restarting the game fresh just to be sure), before starting the creation fresh with only the fewest clicks directly to the settings you want to use.

That's alarming.  :o

Huw the Poo

I can verify this, it's definitely happened to me.  My pretender in the first game we got started here is markedly different to the way I'd set him up.  The lesson I learned is that if I'm creating a pretender and I change my mind and need to undo changes, I just quit from the creator and start again.

parone

here is another lesson:while playing dominions is pretty fun and less stressfull while drinking, it can lead to some real serious operator errors.

take that from old uncle par one, who speaks from experience...

Nefaro

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 21, 2013, 05:53:17 PM

I can verify this, it's definitely happened to me.  My pretender in the first game we got started here is markedly different to the way I'd set him up.  The lesson I learned is that if I'm creating a pretender and I change my mind and need to undo changes, I just quit from the creator and start again.

Crap.

Maybe that's what happened.  I don't ever recall creating the scales I have with that Pretender file.  Not for any Pretender, ever.  I've also only drank twice in the past two years and it surely wasn't while messing with Dom3.  ;D  It's as if a couple values turned into negatives instead of the positive values I had originally set.  ???

I always adjust back & forth before finding my comfortable Pretender settings.  If I would've known that, I would've noted them down and started with a fresh template in order to avoid such bugs.  Lesson learned!

undercovergeek

is it rude to ask if anyones in touch with Utgard?

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 22, 2013, 06:04:33 PM
is it rude to ask if anyones in touch with Utgard?

Rude?  How?

Also.. was the timer extended for an extra day?  Perhaps he put in a request after the last one, as it looked like the timer went to 3 days?