Dom 3 slow game (2 day turnaround)[closed]

Started by Yskonyn, March 04, 2013, 01:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Ohhhh noooo whatever shall I dooooo.

(Aside from, you know, die.  8) )

Japanese Samurai: very good at fighting, but also good at dying.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

parone

wow, a 'last starfighter' blast!!  you don't see that everyday

JasonPratt

The little caption and emoticon that comes with it would be the icing on the cake, if the ad didn't pop up around then, too.  >:(
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

parone

hmm.  with two hours left, it appears YSK may be headed for yet another stale:

Ysk, it's your secretarty calling.  you need to get your work in... :-*

parone

also jason, i watched that clip again.

why exactly does that one alien dude put in place his cheap ass monacle?  is that supposed to help somehow?

i forgot how immensely cheesy that movie was.  god, i hope it's on netflix i must see it again...

Yskonyn

it's under control.
Turn sent and next turn sent as well. :)
Was called out on a stopover at Barcelona. Very nice, but made my miss my turn almost... :P
Tapas was nice, as were the women. Dominions 3 is still on track. What more can a man want before heading off to bed?

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

Quote from: parone on June 22, 2013, 06:01:31 PM
also jason, i watched that clip again.

why exactly does that one alien dude put in place his cheap ass monacle?  is that supposed to help somehow?

He liked to do that earlier in the film in order to emphasize a point he was making. Just a nifty character tic. Unfortunately the audio doesn't quite reproduce the little squeeeeing made by the monocle while flipping into place, which makes it sound like he's preparing to do something, and adds to the badass effect.

parone

i guess preparing to die IS badass

ysk, i love tapas.  never had a chance to check out the women of barcelona, though.  probably never will, so i'll take your word for it.

incidentally, if you do have a secretarial opening, i might be willing to move over seas.  im good with kids, navigate airports well, and only have a minor alchohol problem.  hey, don't say yes or no.  food for thought.  tapas for though, if you will

JasonPratt

Quote from: parone on June 22, 2013, 07:55:16 PM
i guess preparing to die IS badass

I'm practicing that a lot right now. :)

parone

Pratt, leave it to you to uncover a 'zmey' movie

yes, you are probably going to die.  however, your 'dragon army' is presenting some pretty serious tactical problems. 

and i don't have a 'summon godzilla' spell

JasonPratt

Trust the Japanese to go down with a kamikaze Ghidora strike.  ;D

Meanwhile, Godzilla can't help you. He's busy having a showdown (or two) with Gamera.

(I don't know who micshork is, but he's a freaking genius: stitched together a 17+ minute fan tribute movie using clips from every one of the 90s Gamera and Godzilla movies (except G85, for obvious reasons -- the suit didn't match).)

Phobos

Sorry for the delay.  I took the time to specify orders for all of my active mages.  Whether that was time well spent, remains to be seen.

undercovergeek

ive AI'd, well done to all who played and are still playing

i have no army left, or any hope of rebuilding one, i was never going to win a 3 front war, and have never seen Thunderstrike spam before - now i have i know why people find a counter for it ASAP, well done Byrdman

Ogaburan

I'll also go AI... Ive sent all I can at Bogarus... Didn't help.

I still have provinces but nothing to do with them really, just what the AI will do... mass chaff suicide.

parone

ouch, two AIs in one turn...

this game will likely be dead soon :(