Dominions 3 Middle Age "GROGHAMMER" game [running]

Started by JasonPratt, April 03, 2013, 10:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

claes

So, what will everybody else be playing in the meantime?

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

PsiSoldier

Quote from: claes on July 17, 2013, 02:56:39 PM
So, what will everybody else be playing in the meantime?

Well I just got Shadowrun Returns and a bunch of other games on the Steam Summer Sale..  Dishonored, X-Com Enemy unknown, Stardrive, Starforge and a bunch of DLC for other games I own like Heroes of Might and Magic and Borderlands 2..

On a side note, I hope it doesn't happen but I just got a second job and now work from 6am to 11pm or later so I may have difficulty keeping up with the game when we actually start again.. But if it starts to look like I can't do it I'll try to find a sub.

elitesix

Heads up, looks like the summer glut is hitting games hard, there are tons of requests for subs on desura. I don't know if any particular game will be getting a sub anytime soon!

claes

I dropped my computer on the cord when it was plugged in, at an angle, jamming the power supply hard (shutting the computer off instantly), and it may now be an incredibly expensive brick that I purchased less than a year ago.  Jury is still out, but I'll try to get something up and running before the game starts again, and let you guys know either way.  At least Dom3 doesn't take a top of the line computer, and I may be able to resurrect an old one if I can't get my laptop back up and running.

And school is just 3 weeks away as well...

C'est la vie, eh?

Huw the Poo

Ouch!  Sorry to hear it, Claes!

Quote from: claes on July 31, 2013, 02:26:13 PM
At least Dom3 doesn't take a top of the line computer

I've had it running on a PIII-800MHz PC with 512MB RAM and no graphics card.  You can't view battles though...

elitesix

Dom3 runs fine on a Core ONE Duo 1.8 Ghz (slightly better than Pentium 4's), Intel Integrated Graphics. Medium visual settings, but no slowdown.

elitesix

When does everyone want to start this game up again?

Ubercat

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Huw the Poo

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

elitesix

Well, the score tables are certainly interesting :)

Posting it because I've looked at it, and so the bell cannot be un-rung. No reason for me to have this advantage, so here is the link!

http://www.llamaserver.net/showScores.cgi?game=Groghammer

Looks to be four super powers of roughly equal strength, Eriu, Agartha, Atlantis, and Ermor. Interesting, interesting!

JasonPratt

For those who don't know, we apparently dodged a bullet by going on hiatus for the past few weeks: after the system update for the new Dom3 update, Llamaserver went crazy and it took a while for the crew there to rein it back under control.

I don't know for sure the new update was the problem, and I'm glad the crew were on the ball getting it back under control, just to be clear. :) I'm not criticizing, just alerting that we missed some big problems. Players should be careful to make sure their turns are being sent by the server.

One side effect is that the graph scores, which are tracked independently by Llama, have been reset to 'visible', not in the game but at the server; thus E6's link.

If anyone wants the graphs to go back to invisible, I'm not sure it's possible now that the game is running, but I'll look into it. This late in the game I doubt it will hurt anything, and from an in-game perspective the surviving nations have presumably gotten their eyes-and-ears of low-level spy networks thoroughly rooted in the enemy chief cities, so having this kind of information is plausible.

JasonPratt

Quote from: elitesix on August 04, 2013, 08:45:43 PM
Looks to be four super powers of roughly equal strength, Eriu, Agartha, Atlantis, and Ermor. Interesting, interesting!

Marignon isn't too far behind the Big Four either (and exceeds some of you on certain points). But I guess no one expects the Spanish Inquisition.  ;D

elitesix

The admin should probably:

(1) delay the game by 1-2 days since we never had a firm restart date so people may have been caught unaware by it restarting (there are 6+ people who have not submitted turns). I expect we'll find some players to have disappeared completely btw, given the long delay as well, but c'est la vie!

(2) now is probably a good time to switch to 72 hour hosting. Since it's a bigger map, we have more provinces to manage, and we are getting close to end game, so turns are more complex.

Regardless, I should have my turn in time as the deadline is currently posted.