Dominions 3 Middle Age "GROGHAMMER" game [running]

Started by JasonPratt, April 03, 2013, 10:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

So, fulfill your trades. No one is stopping you. :)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

W8taminute

Ok there are four shades of green for some of the nation banners and I didn't dl the banner mod but other than looking at the pretender list and clicking on each one how can I find out what banner goes with which nation?  I can't tell 3 of the 4 shades of green apart.  Can I just click a province and see who owns it, especially if I have a scout there?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

elitesix

Quote from: W8taminute on May 01, 2013, 09:25:19 AM
Ok there are four shades of green for some of the nation banners and I didn't dl the banner mod but other than looking at the pretender list and clicking on each one how can I find out what banner goes with which nation?  I can't tell 3 of the 4 shades of green apart.  Can I just click a province and see who owns it, especially if I have a scout there?

Best way (and I learned the hard way) is to closely examine the icon of the banner as well as it's color.

Then go to the Pretender list screen (not hall of fame) and look for the icon. It will say what nation.

elitesix

Looks like war has engulfed quite a few nations :)

--------

Heads up to the nations I've made contact with: I'll be on vacation tomorrow through sunday (will have access to laptop and wifi unless something happens), but I probably won't be able to conduct much diplomacy until sunday.

ScottWAR

Quote from: elitesix on May 01, 2013, 09:40:39 PM
Looks like war has engulfed quite a few nations :)

--------

Heads up to the nations I've made contact with: I'll be on vacation tomorrow through sunday (will have access to laptop and wifi unless something happens), but I probably won't be able to conduct much diplomacy until sunday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfslY_AvhLw

byrdman57

I know next to nothing about the world outside my immediate area. I only recently gained access to scouts.

W8taminute

Quote from: elitesix on May 01, 2013, 10:02:39 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on May 01, 2013, 09:25:19 AM

Best way (and I learned the hard way) is to closely examine the icon of the banner as well as it's color.

Then go to the Pretender list screen (not hall of fame) and look for the icon. It will say what nation.

Thanks elite for the advice.  Did as you recommended and now the lay of the land makes much more sense to me.   :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JasonPratt

Next time I set up a game, I will make sure the game accepts the graphics mods from the outset, so that people who do want to use them can do so. That will solve much of the problem with the similar flags.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

byrdman57

What the hell have you people done to Dagan the sage? The poor guy.

On a side note, does anyone know what will happen if I set a certain diseased person to build a lab, when he's scheduled to die on the next turn due to said disease?

JasonPratt

This is the sequence in which events happen during hosting for turn generation:

Recruit
          New units and commanders are recruited. This means recruits will always be available during the turn, no matter what else happens.

Research
          Mages perform their research. Even if a mage is assassinated or otherwise killed, he will contribute his research points to his nation that turn.

Empowerment
          Increased magic paths due to Empowerment are conferred here.

Forge New
          Items are forged and placed in their nation's magic item inventory.

Rituals
          All mages cast their rituals in a random order.

Magic battles
          All battles caused by magic are resolved. For example, commanders taken away by Wind Ride fight now.

Site searches
          Magic site searches are resolved.

Prayers
          Prophets are declared and gods awaken. Note that Dominion spread happens later, but this is where dominion is increased by prayer (only).

Blood Hunting
          The hunt for blood slaves takes place.

Random events
          Like it says. This is where those Fortune/Misfortune events happen.

Assassinations
          Assassination attempts are resolved. The battles are fought immediately.

Friendly Movement
          All Movement ending in a friendly province takes place now. If you are trying to get to a friendly province before an enemy does, you will do it if you are not stopped by an event that takes place in the steps before.

Other movement
          All other movement, including Break Siege takes place.

Movement battles
          Battles caused by movement are resolved.

Castle storming
          Castles are stormed and battles resolved.

Global enchantments
          Global enchantments take effect on the world. Note that the casting takes place during the Rituals step (5), though.

Magic items
          Special effects from magic items take place. The items themselves are forged during the Forge step (4), though.

Sneak discovery
          Sneaking units may be revealed in this step. All battles are resolved immediately.

Buildings
          Fortresses, temples, and labs are constructed (or demolished).

Special orders
          Special orders like Reanimate, Heal or summon allies are performed. Thus, allies summoned during a turn will not be available for that turn's battles.

Income
          All nations collect income for their provinces.

Starvation
          Units without supplies suffer starvation effects. This means that the first turn an army goes without supplies, it will fight its battles without starvation effects, since all battles occur in the previous steps.

Upkeep
          Upkeep is paid for the units. Note that this is after income is collected for the turn.

Dominion
          All dominion spread (except for dominion increase by the preach command) is conducted now.

Site effects
          Magic sites generate gems or spread disease, unrest, and the like, if they have such an effect.

Heal
          All units regain lost hit points, unless they are diseased, in which case they suffer more wounds, instead.

Mercenaries
          Mercenaries are bought or maintained.

Scouting
          new scouting reports are generated for each player.

There may still be some things missing from the list. But disease effects come almost at the end of resolution, whereas building is somewhere in the middle. So unless something else interferes, he'll finish construction first, then die of disease.

byrdman57

Thanks for that Mr. Pratt. It looks like Dagan's last act on this earth will be building me a lab  ;D

Philippe

So are you going to regale us with a list of his infirmities? 

Is he missing limbs?

Does he dribble when he eats?

Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

mkivcs

Quote from: byrdman57 on May 03, 2013, 09:34:27 AM
What the hell have you people done to Dagan the sage? The poor guy.

On a side note, does anyone know what will happen if I set a certain diseased person to build a lab, when he's scheduled to die on the next turn due to said disease?

Ah Dagan, Sorry I might be the guilt party there. He was employed by us and was doing a fine job but then he caught a nasty social disease. Next turn he lost an eye, then his leg fell off. .. etc It eventually got to the point where there were more bit's missing than present. Unfortunately at that stage we were forced to downsize our backroom staff to concentrate on the core business and as the employment law in Ermor is not something we have yet had an opportunity to invest heavily in we let Dagan go. I was expecting a quiet retirement for him but I guess he wasn't ready to hop into the sunset.
On the plus size I rather foolishly gave him a load of gems when I was testing something and did not realise that he wouldn't return them to HR when he left our employment. If he dies have a look round and you may find them among his possessions.

elitesix

Lol what afflictions does dagan have in total?

Huw the Poo

Hahaha mkivcs!  Did you ever let the poor guy have a break during his work?

He's serving me faithfully in one of my other games.  Not a bad little researcher!