Dominions 3 Middle Age "GROGHAMMER" game [running]

Started by JasonPratt, April 03, 2013, 10:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Quote from: elitesix on May 20, 2013, 09:36:46 AM
Something's only propaganda if it's not true.

You know what I'm saying is true. If you disagree, I can post a screenshot of your borders if you want (with everything else, including other nation's territories, blurred out). But I'm guessing you don't want that, right?:)

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 20, 2013, 09:12:54 AM

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo - bad form, anti Machaka propaganda right here for all to see

who says im weak? and youre the only sea nation that needs to come ashore

i know what youve been doing - i can smell octupus based treachery here!

post away - i dont see what benefit it would give anyone apart from you!

wait, what? i dont have an army in every province? oh my, my strategy has crumbled - oh no wait i remember i have 3 turns to fill in any gaps - i dont see any goal to your posting?

elitesix

Maybe you misunderstood - the screenshot would be to only prove that you expanded in a way that blocks off all expansion of the isle nations. But it sounds like you agree on that point!

Ogaburan

Quote from: elitesix on May 20, 2013, 10:04:46 AM
Maybe you misunderstood - the screenshot would be to only prove that you expanded in a way that blocks off all expansion of the isle nations. But it sounds like you agree on that point!

I also dare you to post those screenshots!

undercovergeek

Quote from: elitesix on May 20, 2013, 10:04:46 AM

oh right, you mean instead of expanding in a way that allows other nations to exploit me?

Dom III - the making friends simulator?

so attacking Jason so early wasnt you preventing him from expanding and gaining an advantage?

curious.....................

undercovergeek

whilst i stand here before the Dom court i'd like to point out ive never attacked a nation without been attacked first - ever

except for ogaburan - i just couldnt stand the incessant noise anymore  :P

elitesix

Haha, "the incessant noise"...what does he mean by that Ogaburan - what did you do?? :)

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 20, 2013, 10:42:56 AM
whilst i stand here before the Dom court i'd like to point out ive never attacked a nation without been attacked first - ever

undercovergeek

And there are 548 dead.... Well I say dead, they were dead when they arrived to be honest....bodies outside my capital in the other game - someone else who thought I was weak! Ermorrrrrrr!!

Ogaburan

Quote from: elitesix on May 20, 2013, 10:45:25 AM
Haha, "the incessant noise"...what does he mean by that Ogaburan - what did you do?? :)

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 20, 2013, 10:42:56 AM

Tbh im wondering myself... have literally NO IDEA what he is referring too...

Funny argument as well... Ive never ever killed a man in my life.
Except for that one time...

Its also getting kinda hard not to take two back-stabs in the same week on 2 difference games, when i haven't exactly done anything to provoke it.
Now this crap about noise?
If its a joke i dont get it...
If its some kind of "jab" I dont get it...

undercovergeek

lol - just the 'its my forest', 'its all my forest' 'get out of my forest before i attack'

Huw the Poo

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 20, 2013, 11:17:28 AM
And there are 548 dead.... Well I say dead, they were dead when they arrived to be honest....bodies outside my capital in the other game - someone else who thought I was weak! Ermorrrrrrr!!

Yeah, it turns out priests are very good against undead...*grumble*

Ogaburan

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 20, 2013, 12:16:32 PM
lol - just the 'its my forest', 'its all my forest' 'get out of my forest before i attack'

Well, it is indeed my forest! lol.

And i was quite polite about it in pm's, was cornered into an expansion that way by my predecessor.
I thought we were not supposed to carry grudges into other games, but not all have the maturity needed so it seems.

undercovergeek

Hey - were just playing!!

Noones grudge bearing

Huw the Poo

I'm staying neutral but I can't let this go unaddressed:

Quote from: Ogaburan on May 20, 2013, 12:40:28 PM
I thought we were not supposed to carry grudges into other games

I can't see that happening.  In fact, you're the one who's brought up Geek's actions in another game.

Quotebut not all have the maturity needed so it seems.

And that was just plain uncalled for.  I haven't seen Geek being immature at all.

Can we all remember that this is a war game?  There's only supposed to be one winner, so by default you're going to stab your allies in the back at some point.  I did it to Yskonyn in one of the other games and he had the grace not to complain about it once.

elitesix

Quote from: Huw the Poo on May 20, 2013, 02:30:23 PM
Can we all remember that this is a war game?  There's only supposed to be one winner, so by default you're going to stab your allies in the back at some point.  I did it to Yskonyn in one of the other games and he had the grace not to complain about it once.

I'm not going to stab anyone in the back. If I'm the one of the two last nations alive and I plan to win alone, I will end my NAP-3 and give him 3 turns notice :).

Much like anything in life, taking the honorable and rightful route may be a bit harder, but it's by no means impossible.

JasonPratt

Well my previous pretender might have stabbed someone in the back (since that was the kind of character he was), but then again he probably wouldn't have allied with anyone in the first place either.

Ulm (and the pretenders I played/am playing in the previous games) is more honorable. Theoretically they might be touchy enough about magic not to ally with anyone else, but Myrmidon went (rather reasonably for a magically weak nation) for a strong rainbow pretender, and allied with Atlantis fairly quickly, so from that I'm playing them as being more of a personal-choice discipline about magic, or a necessary but temporary evil they plan to get rid of eventually, not something they reject in others (although they may have an overly inflated idea of the superiority of their magically minimal culture.)

Anyway, Ulm isn't going to break NAP3s, and is willing to enter into shared victory alliances: the whole group wins if they get the proper victory points between them.

I do feel as sorry for the spider-worshiping Machaka as possible, and after all I'm indisputably the aggressor. But then again, I feel sorrier for their population, too. :)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!