Dungeons and Dragons Online - Grogheads Static Group

Started by Bison, April 20, 2013, 12:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

Quote from: Bison on April 22, 2013, 04:10:19 PM
Quote from: bob48 on April 22, 2013, 03:38:33 PM
Is this a free-to-play game? If so, and if you get short of mugs players, I could be interested, horrible time-zone wosnames not withstanding.

Download and make a character Bob.  If it works out timewise that'd be great.

Will do, Bison, although it will be a day-or-two before I can get it downloaded. I'll let you know when I'm up and running.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Bison

Quote from: bob48 on April 22, 2013, 04:13:12 PM
Is this a free-to-play game? If so, and if you get short of mugs players, I could be interested, horrible time-zone wosnames not withstanding.

Will do, Bison, although it will be a day-or-two before I can get it downloaded. I'll let you know when I'm up and running.

No problems Bob.  Whenever you get to it.

Bison

Post #1 updated with information for the group.

I play quite a bit so if you see me on just jump on and I'll join you or we can open a Steam chat if you have questions.

Bison

Brant I'm patching up the Mac version now so I'll try and get to it tonight.  It's availible through Steam FYI.

Bison

Windy my main is actually a ranger/rogue , arcane variety so I can help you if you have some questions.

Bison

Brant -  Just fired it up on my macbook pro and everything seems to run just fine.  I'll give it a longer go later.

bayonetbrant

yeah, but I'm also not on Steam, so it may all be irrelevant...   :-\
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Windigo

Quote from: Bison on April 22, 2013, 05:05:00 PM
Windy my main is actually a ranger/rogue , arcane variety so I can help you if you have some questions.

asking someone for help... even if it benefits me.... seems to run counter to my stubborn nature.... but.... since we'll be on headsets when we game, I'll be damned if I'll give you guys any more reasons to bust my chops.... so I will be asking you questions
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

TheCommandTent

Ok I can't resist any longer I am going to have to DLD it which might take a while.  Then I might need alot of help creating a character as I have no idea what I am doing.  That being said I usually like an archer type but would be cool with sword/spear and shield type warrior.  Not a big fan of magic users so those are out for me.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

It's "freemium." Free to play, but you may want to drop some cash for upgrades and such.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Bison

Quote from: LongBlade on April 22, 2013, 08:20:23 PM

It's "freemium." Free to play, but you may want to drop some cash for upgrades and such.

This is true.  You do earn Turbine points slowly through questing, which is good to buy an adventure pack/character slot/or something along those lines.  If you aren't in a hurry and we are not then you can wait out for a deal in the store to buy something you might like at a discount or get extra Turbine points on the cheap.  If you look on Steam for example they have a starter pack that gives you an adventure pack, a pet, some XP potions, and 250 Turbine points for $10.  Not too shabby of a deal.  The adventure pack and turbine points are $10+ or there abouts on the store.

LongBlade

I just completed the first mission. It's much improved since it was first launched.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.