Dungeons and Dragons Online - Grogheads Static Group

Started by Bison, April 20, 2013, 12:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Grogheads DDO Static Group:

OK.   The idea of the static group is that the characters that are in the static group are only played on static group adventure nights.  This way our characters stay close in level, questlines, and gear.

I encourage you to make alts for adventuring on your own timeframe.  DDO is really a fun game especially if you find a good group.

GUILD:  Grogheads
OFFICERS: Anyone in the static group I'll promote to officer so you can invite each other or future players
SERVER: Ghallanda
NIGHT:  This is open for discussion, but I'd lean toward either Friday or Saturday night 9 pm CST.
VOICE CHAT:  There is an internal voice chat in DDO, but it is limited to groups.  So Steam chat is a good alternative just to link everyone up, bullshit, or ask questions out of group.  Get yourself a headset even if you don't like to talk.  It's much easier and more fun to talk through a dungeon crawl rather than stopping to type in chat.

Contact me in game character name Hansig, Bhrama, or Aespria.  Or if you see me online on Steam just send me a PM and I'll jump on and invite you to the guild.   You need to complete the introduction quest before you can join groups, or the guild.

Bison -  Hansig, Human, Wizard  (I'll roll something else if needed.  This is really just a place holder to get eveyone into the guild)
Nefaro -
Longblade -
Tent -  Uori, Dwarven Fighter
Windy- Zephii, Elf, Ranger
Bob -
Tpek - Hippia human druid
Brant - Xisko, human fighter
Metaldog -   Zaharias Cleric
COULD BE YOU!!!!-

Character Generator -  Useful tool to build and experiment with character builds
http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO/DDOCharGen.html

DDO Wiki -  Very useful site for all sorts of DDO related questions.
http://ddowiki.com/

Nefaro

Hrmm... I've not played DDO in quite awhile.

The problem was being able to regularly find a party to dungeon crawl with, as that's what it is focused on.  I recall paying for the extra character creation points during my last stretch and I would definitely like to fire it up again sometime.  Perhaps this would get me moving if we had some regulars.

It's one of the unique fantasy MMOs that isn't an Everquest/WOW clone.  The party-centric gameplay makes it difficult to solo after a time, however.

Bison

Bison

I think I'd want to play either the meat shield or ranger/thief.

LongBlade

Hmmm.

I should know better but this sounds tempting.  Prolly would play a monk.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Bison

Well the real nice part about DDO unlike other MMOs is that yes there is grinding but not in the same manner.  We can finish almost any quest with less than uber loot and just good old fashioned party working together to solve a puzzle.

Bison

I will add that I love the monk class.  It's very fun, but you would have to pay like $5 or something like that to unlock the class.

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on April 20, 2013, 02:32:14 PM
I will add that I love the monk class.  It's very fun, but you would have to pay like $5 or something like that to unlock the class.

Thanks.  I might be able to swing that.

Tpek

I think my low level Human Male Fighter might be able to lend a hand once in a while :P

bayonetbrant

As much fun as I think it would be to play, I'm so in flux right now I'd hate to commit and then flake out....
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 21, 2013, 07:08:42 AM
As much fun as I think it would be to play, I'm so in flux right now I'd hate to commit and then flake out....

I haven't tried, but I believe you can download a Mac version from Steam.  Also this would just be a casual, non-hardcore group of guys getting together to do some dungeon crawling once every week or two.

Bison

Nefaro

Same.  I have so much going on it's just clouding my thinker.  :o  All over the place!

LongBlade

Quote from: Nefaro on April 21, 2013, 05:05:05 PM

Same.  I have so much going on it's just clouding my thinker.  :o  All over the place!

I'm that way, too, but I'm willing to give it a chance. A couple of hours once or twice a week could be a good time. And if I toss a couple of bucks at them now and again to get some phat loot, who cares?

TheCommandTent

^ You make a good argument.  I am very tempted....
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."