Dungeons and Dragons Online - Grogheads Static Group

Started by Bison, April 20, 2013, 12:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

The arcane archer is pretty sweet.   Just look at the enhancement screen and look at the arcane archer requirements.   There are some feats and enhancements you have to take to unlock it.  DPS wise however the dual wield ranger will out perform the archer.

Bison

This character planner is very good for looking at how your character can progress as he levels.

http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO/DDOCharGen.html

Also check out the DDO site when it's finished with maintanance.  They are always running specials for stuff in the micro shop to include free stuff.   Alot of times they will have a specials on turbine points and what I've done is buy $20 or so through the DDO store in game, which is processed through Steam.  And instead of $20 you get like $30-40 worth of points.  They also usually will have an adventure pack on sale.

I have a paid account so I'm honestly not sure what all quests are free.  I know the starter, the harbor low level, the marketplace, and the 4 houses each have a lot of free lower level stuff.  Once you get up to 5th and 6th level the free quest dry up and you'll have to buy an adventure pack or two.  We can talk about that later though.  One awesome adventure pack is call Delara's Tomb, which is narrated by Gary Gygax, and has some pretty sweet lootz that you'll keep for a long time.

Bison

Bison

Here is a run down of all the free to play quests.
http://ddowiki.com/page/Free_to_Play_quests

A couple of things to note:
All quests can be run solo, normal, hard, elite. 
Max XP by running each quest on each level.
Favor - Each quest gives favor to a certain faction.  When you reach faction break points you get special rewards.  For example: Coin Lords first break point is a free backpack slot, House Kundrak gives you a free bank slot, a total of 400 favor points unlocks the Drow race, etc...
Most quests can be done short manned or with a less than ideal group; i.e. fighter, magic user, thief, cleric.
You can hire hirelings with in game gold; a cleric, fighter, magic user, bard, but not a thief those cost turbine points.  The hirelngs especially clerics are nice if a group is short for extra healing or to help with certain quests where you need someone to activate a rune and you don't have the stat to activate.

Bison

FOR BRANT:  I'm downloading the DDO Client for Mac off of Steam right now.  I'll let you know how well it plays on native OSX.

Tpek

The server seemed to have been down for maintenance and perhaps it still is.

Also, do note that Neverwinter is coming out on Thursday :)

Bison

Yes it is but Neverwinter is more of a GW2 or WoW clone.  Not that that is necessarily bad, but it's not a dungeon crawler like DDO.  And we want to dungeon crawl and mock each others untimely deaths at the hands of traps, falls, kobald shamans, and whoever our healer is lack of healing skillz!

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Bison on April 22, 2013, 12:53:46 PM
FOR BRANT:  I'm downloading the DDO Client for Mac off of Steam right now.  I'll let you know how well it plays on native OSX.

muchas appreciatus
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

I'll update Post 1 this evening with server, player, and how to contact me in game for a guild/friend invite.

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on April 22, 2013, 01:06:22 PM
I'll update Post 1 this evening with server, player, and how to contact me in game for a guild/friend invite.

Roger. I'm creating a toon on Ghallanda now.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Windigo

I will be creating a ranger... the appeal of ranged + dual weilding is just too much to resist
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

bob48

Is this a free-to-play game? If so, and if you get short of mugs players, I could be interested, horrible time-zone wosnames not withstanding.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Tpek

Just checked and my current toon (level 4 Human Male Fighter) is in the Canith shard.
How do I move shards exactly? :P

Bison

Quote from: bob48 on April 22, 2013, 03:38:33 PM
Is this a free-to-play game? If so, and if you get short of mugs players, I could be interested, horrible time-zone wosnames not withstanding.

Download and make a character Bob.  If it works out timewise that'd be great.

Bison

Quote from: Tpek on April 22, 2013, 04:06:31 PM
Just checked and my current toon (level 4 Human Male Fighter) is in the Canith shard.
How do I move shards exactly? :P

There might be a paid service otherwise reroll and save some cash to buy an adventure pack.  8)