Dawn of the Grog: Early Age game (in progress)

Started by Phobos, May 21, 2013, 06:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

i took everything i knew about construction and pretender design and designed my pretender for this game to be 2 magic short of his ultimate goal knowing that i could put items on his head, arms and body to boost him - and then chose a fountain of blood

JasonPratt

;D Well at least you can empower up two levels cheaply.

UPDATE: I'm sure I saw that was true in the original instructions, but testing it recently in a game indicated that taking a mage from Water 2 to Water 3 cost the original Water 3 gems. Possibly this is thanks to CBM 1.94?? Test this out before relying on it for a build!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

undercovergeek

redesign sent in swiftly after that!

it wont be the same without you harrying my borders Jason, and in respect of that my pretender is The God of Blood, The King Sacrificer, Souless of the Plains...............

Pratt Gobbler

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Philippe

Out of curiosity, is there a timetable for when this game is supposed to start?
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Philippe on May 29, 2013, 10:45:10 AM
Out of curiosity, is there a timetable for when this game is supposed to start?

We were going to start by last weekend, but then Byrdman said he was without net access until mid-week.  So presumably any time now.

Phobos

I will send a message to Parone, who expressed an interest in this game.  Everyone else has their pretender submitted.  If there is no response in around 24 hours, I will start the game.

parone

hey folks.  i pm'd phobos, but while i'd really like to join, i'm not sure when i could get my pretender in.  might be a day or two.  so unless you really need me, you'd probably better go without me.

if you really need a 9th or whatever i'd make, i'll try to get something put together in a day or two.

Philippe

Given that we already have ten responsive players, I would propose that it's time to start.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Phobos

Well...we have 10 players already.

While another nation would make add an interesting dynamic to this game, it sounds as though Parone has a full plate with current game commitments.  With that in mind, I have elected to start the game.

I hope Parone has no trouble finding a new game once he has some more free time.

If anyone has any issues with their 1st turn, please inform me in this thread.  Once I have been assured that the game has started with no problems, I will consider the game to have officially started.

If there are any other issues, or if you require an extension, please inform myself or Beelzeboss and we can take appropriate action.

parone

hey, just a question:

i actually tried to put together a rush job pretender for EA C'tis so i could join this game.  i had one made, but not with the mod you folks are using.

so i installed the mod and tried to create a pretender and i kept crashing to the desktop as soon as i clicked tools(create pretender)

anyone else have this problem?

ultimately, it was probably fortunate. 

have fun all.  kill eachother in a polite way...

Ubercat

It's a conflict between mods. Disable your other mods and then try it.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Phobos

No one has reported any issues, so I'll assume that everything is OK.

Good luck and have fun.

undercovergeek

no problems at my end - thanks for setting it up

mkivcs

Yes cheers Phobos for sorting this. All good and turns turning over nicely which is more than I can say for my strategy. Indie 9 is certainly fun.