Dawn of the Grog: Early Age game (in progress)

Started by Phobos, May 21, 2013, 06:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Well, it's too late now, but my advice about taking one or two magic ticks less than the goal seems faulty. I tried testing it in-game recently, expecting that my W2 mage wouldn't have to pay W3 gems to get to W3. That expectation seems to have been blown, and I don't know where I made the mistake.

Of course booster items can still help, but you've got to plan further in advance for those.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

ScottWAR

I notice the timer is longer than 48 hours.....Is someone out of town or something?

Phobos

Beelzebob might have extended the timer.  I have not altered any settings.

undercovergeek

Do either of the admins mind just letting us know when this happens just so we know? Ta

Phobos

I know about as much as you do, regarding the circumstances of this delay.

Philippe

(Message deleted because on reflection it wasn't a relevant comment.  Really should think before I post).
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Beelzeboss

Phobos

The turn probably seemed longer than it was due to the weekend.  Apologies for any unfair implications.

mkivcs

Apologies for holding the turn up. Switched to a new windows 8 machine at the weekend and it don't work! I'll install Dominions on my mobile this evening so my turn should be in by around 9.00 GMT

Huw the Poo

Don't worry mate, I almost borked my own machine installing Linux distros; had to send my last turn in via Windows (normally I play in Linux).

Phobos

I will keep my eye on the timer, just in case.  If it appear you will not get your turn in, I'll extend the turn.

JasonPratt

Has the first turn already played? The Llamaserver extends the first turn since people tend to take longer making initial plans.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on June 03, 2013, 07:40:42 AM
Has the first turn already played? The Llamaserver extends the first turn since people tend to take longer making initial plans.

this is 6, or 5

mkivcs

ok thanks for putting up with that now vaguely up and running and turn submitted

Philippe

Condolences to Hinnom for its misadventure in the Glade Woods.  Those Bear Tribe warriors are shockingly ill-mannered.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.