Dawn of the Grog: Early Age game (in progress)

Started by Phobos, May 21, 2013, 06:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philippe

Another such victory and I am undone.

(Always wanted the chance to say that, but next time I'll pass on the experience, thank you very much).
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

byrdman57

That was a crafty little maneuver to stay alive Huw.

Huw the Poo

May as well make as big a pain in the arse of myself as I can! :D

Phobos

8 hours left in the turn, no message from Ogaburan.  I should be home before the turn hosts, so I will extend the game if necessary.

Ogaburan

Ok,  I have no idea what happened... I keep sending the turn but it says its the wrong turn number.
Sent it like 6 times now, did it 3 times (asking for the turn from the llamaserver).

I dunno what to do...

Phobos

clear your game folder.  Download turn 31 again.  redo the turn.  Try to ensure that whatever file you are uploading as an attachment, is the .2h file for turn 31.

I'll re-send the turn again.  If you are still having issues, then I will put the game on hold until I can find out more about this kind of problem.

Ogaburan

Ok, ive sent it again... for the 7th time btw... and with a 4th file received form the llamaserver.

Something is extra wrong with this one tho, some of my provinces turned indie, while one of the provinces i lost to TNN shifted to Lankian ownership...

Phobos

Okay, some quick google-fu and I managed to find some players that have experienced a similar problem before.

The solution was pretty straightforward.  Get in touch with llamabeast (send a PM via Shrapnel or Dom 3 Mods forums), give llama the details of the game and the issue you are having with the turn number.  Once llama has some free time, he should be able to send you out a new copy of the .trn file, assuming the problem you are having is the same issue other players have occasionally had in the past.

Otherwise, my options include rolling back and hosting the turn again.  If I have to do this, people should not submit turns until it is 'safe' to do so.

It would be better if you were to PM llamabeast.  I do not have a Shrapnel or a Dom 3 Mods account, though I guess I could make an account on Dom 3 Mods if you are feeling shy.

I will extend the game by 24 hours.  If you have not received any feedback in that time, I will extend the turn again.

Ogaburan

Quote from: Phobos on June 21, 2013, 04:53:07 AM
Okay, some quick google-fu and I managed to find some players that have experienced a similar problem before.

The solution was pretty straightforward.  Get in touch with llamabeast (send a PM via Shrapnel or Dom 3 Mods forums), give llama the details of the game and the issue you are having with the turn number.  Once llama has some free time, he should be able to send you out a new copy of the .trn file, assuming the problem you are having is the same issue other players have occasionally had in the past.

Otherwise, my options include rolling back and hosting the turn again.  If I have to do this, people should not submit turns until it is 'safe' to do so.

It would be better if you were to PM llamabeast.  I do not have a Shrapnel or a Dom 3 Mods account, though I guess I could make an account on Dom 3 Mods if you are feeling shy.

I will extend the game by 24 hours.  If you have not received any feedback in that time, I will extend the turn again.

Turn got in, and im losing badly anyway so im barely effected by the bugs, so i dont really mind.
Tho the list of bugs now includes troops not moving with the army...

Am i the only one having problems?

Phobos

There does not appear to be an issue with my turn.

Perhaps the .2h file has been corrupted, that was one of the issues on the llamaserver faq page.  PM a contact e-mail address to me and I will follow the suggested advice.

If that still does not resolve any issues, then llamabeast will need to be informed.

Phobos

ok I juggled the turn around as suggested in the FAQ.

I did not open the file, just forwarded it back to Ogaburan.

Please try the turn again, but clear your game folder before you put the .trn file in it.  Let me know if there are any further problems.

Huw the Poo

Oga, losing a province to me probably isn't an error as I'd ordered a scout to attack an undefended province; it wasn't yours at the time though.

Perhaps I should stop pissing about and admit defeat. :D

Ogaburan

@Phobos
I managed to submit the turn prior to you forwarding it, btw.
It seems when you or someone else who sint me asked for my turn to be resubmitted I got a "proper" .dh file.
The one where Lanka took a province.
I thought Lanka was dead and it was another glitch.

All is well now.

Huw the Poo

We're not dead, we're just having a bit of a lie down!

Phobos

Yeah, the FAQ mentions that occasionally (very rarely) the e-mail service llamaserver uses can cause the file to become corrupted.  Resending the file does not solve the issue.  Changing e-mail addresses uploads a new version of the file and sends that out.  As the corruption issue does not happen very often, that is a way around the issue.

I just had the file sent to my address and forwarded it to Ogaburan.  The address he provided is the one new turn files will be sent to.

If anyone has any technical troubles with their turn files, let me know.  If I can't resolve the issue by following advice on the forums, then I will put the game on hold until the server owner can take a look at the issue.

If Lanka has been defeated, then any remaining territory or army is a ghost.  It will be gone by next turn, which means that if you send an army against the force, there will be no resistance from Lanka.