DOOM

Started by parone, June 10, 2013, 01:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Guys, for whatever reason I don't seem to be getting the save file.  At this point I'm not able to put any more time into troubleshooting the problem.  Sorry for the inconvenience.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Bronwell

If W8taminute is definitely not going to be posting this turn, can an admin simply force turn hosting right now?  The only turn left is Jotun.  It seems silly to keep an extra 9 hours, especially when it prevents working on turns tonight by delaying turn hosting into the middle of the night U.S. central time.

W8taminute

I'm ok with forcing this turn to continue so that we don't have to wait another 9 hours.  I wonder if I'll get the new Jotun turn if this one is processed?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

alastair

It was my replacement who submitted the turn.  Good luck to everyone.  By way of explanation, I've been having issues with regular employment that have been causing significant travel commitments, so I've been seeking to reduce my other commitments.  This was why I requested the extension and grabbed a sub when the opportunity came up.

Bronwell

Thanks for playing, Alastair.  It's understandable that real life takes precedence.  Good luck!

Any word on who the sub is?  It is difficult to have any diplomacy when we don't even know who is playing Pythium.

If everyone is OK with shifting the host time back to 48 hours, can we do so before this turn hosts so it takes effect next turn?

Lastly, I assume we should probably send Jotun to AI.  At this point, it is not likely to be an enticing sub, given that Pythium master enslaved his main army after that long siege last turn and he is down to a handful of provinces.

Bronwell

So can we change hosting interval to 48 hours, Parone?

And can we set Jotun to AI  for multiple reasons, including at least token defense and getting turns to host before max time?

gman8181

Please excuse my absence so far; I'm the new sub. While I had intended to make an account here and give a shout out earlier, I've been a little busy and I figured as long as the turns got submitted you'd all forgive me ;D.

Anyway looking forward to crushing you all under the boots of my soldiers getting to know you all and making new friends. Should be fun!

parone

hey folks(whoever is left)

as you may have seen, I am looking for a sub for my position.  I have not been able to spend more than a few minutes per turn, and have not done any justice to things.

bronwell is also expressing a desire to call it quits.  his solution is to declare Tien Chi the winner, as Bronwell feels TC is in an unassailable position.

how do the rest of you feel about closing this game out?

W8taminute

I will also bow out as Jotun's sub.  I just don't have the time to put in unfortunately.

Haerdalas

...I want to keep going, but then again I do think I am doing pretty well. Now that I finally have an army of SCs, I wish I could actually use them, but if noone else has time then I guess I don't mind putting the winner to a vote. Seems a shame really, I haven't even fought against either of the two other largest players yet.

Bronwell

As Parone noted, I am ready to concede to Tien Chi, in part due to limited time I will have in the coming months.  While I am in a much stronger position than I was 10-15 turns ago, and finally cranking out research, I don't think I could catch Tien unless the whole world united against Tien, as they probably should have done the instant Forge hit the table.

Given Tien's gem lead, all the artifacts, and the snowballing that is going to happen shortly with all those SC, I simply don't think we will overcome his lead.

If I had 6-7 or so turns of uninterrupted research, while the rest of the world shut down Tien's expansion AND they got rid of his Forge, I think I could be competitive with him.   I finally have enough research that I would not be completely helpless against those SC.  His main weakness that I see is limited ability to crack/defend forts, something at which all my chaff excels.  So I have to delay/avoid war with Tien for a good 6 months while I get needed research to compete with him, and Pythium is simply too far away to effectively go to war with Tien, meaning Tien is going to have uninterrupted expansion for another 6+ turns with Forge up and a growing gem/province/gold lead.  Shinu is limited even more than I am by research.  Tien should simply have too big a lead by the time he and Pythium fight.

I definitely learned a lot this game.  It's funny how with my limited research all game, my planned research goals had to give way again and again to what was needed immediately to survive.  The end-result is me only now getting, or about to get, some of my initial planned research goals, years after I expected them.

Wingedflamez

I was putting together a unit that I was actually wanting to see pitted against Tien Chis Grendlekin.  I would like to do that if is Haer is up for it.

You have 2 Grendelkin next to territory 166 Forest of Idun, move one of them into there and I will also move my unit there.  One on one fight.

No extra armies, I will say that I have only 1 point of PD in that territory, so it shouldn't interfere with the fight at all.  I wont even bring the 49 support units I had for him.

But I too think that Tien CHi will steamroll.  As Bronwell stated I don't have the research to shut him down and he has a ton of low level mages that could be cranking out boosters and then be released on a rampage, even without his SCs.  I cant stop that, I'm not even sure if Pythium could stop that.  This drawn out war with Joten killed me, I lost too many resources in the fight, and had to dedicate too many casters to even try to get through that my research suffered heavily, as if a Drain 3 scale wasn't enough, I wont do that ever again.  Except maybe with Ulm, they aren't affected by drain.

Also I woudl like to apologize for how I was earlier in the game about the situation with Joten.  I had lost my job and I was gettign really stressed and depressed.  I really hope that yall will still want to play dom4 with me at a later date.

Haerdalas

Yeah... as of this turn I have every single research path except blood at level 9... I can summon 4 Grendlekin and equip them every 3 turns, while simultaneously summoning Tartarians who are healed by my Chalice... I have the forge up, and pretty much every artifact in the game, or at least the good ones.

Winged... sorry, but not quite yet. If it gets confirmed that the game is ending then I will send one of my grendlekin to fight your guy, but otherwise I still have uses for them. What is your anti-Grendlekin unit, by the way?

gman8181

Aww what a buzz kill. It's all of your game though. Whatever you decide, I will accept.

If a Dominions 4 game gets started up, feel free to shoot over a PM.

Wingedflamez

Its the best that I could come up with on short notice.  Its a Tarrasque with a few pieces of gear.  The nice thing about it is though, it would also be good against PD.