DOOM

Started by parone, June 10, 2013, 01:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parone

Middle Age
turn interval 24 hours to begin/ generous delays if needed/interval increased as we go
diplo: allowed/Machiavellian(probably spelled incorrectly)
trades:binding
roleplaying: encouraged
mods: current cbm possibly assimilation
interval: 28 hours to start, please request extensions as far out as possible(i work a lot), interval will be increased later in the game

Game Settings
Independent Strength - 7
Research - default
Magic Sites - default
Money - default
Resources - default
Supplies - Default
Random Events- Default (which is Common)
Re-naming - on
Score Graphs - off
Hall Of Fame - 15

map http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showpost.php?p=804192

Commitment-HIGH(this means, you should be willing to try and get your turns in, and keep playing even if you lose a few big battles.  in fact, try to make yourself a pain in the arse right till the end)[b

ParOne-Kalaisa
Phobos-Jotunheim
W8aminute-Vanheim
Haerdalas-Tien Chi
WingedFlames-Shinnuyama
Faux-Agartha
Bronwell-Pangea
Ogrim-C'tis
Tygaros-Machaka
alastair-Pythium

Phobos

Can I try a mod nation?

If not, pencil me in for a random nation assignment, as I want to try something different.  My most time consuming game is starting to wind down, so I should have the free time available.

parone

i wasn't planning on mod nations, phobos.

who have you played so far?

Phobos

Played Sauromatia in a 'victory by capital' game.  Could not prevent the front-runner from winning.

Played Machaka, spent my money on forts instead of a massive army.  Got jumped by 3 nations before the majority of my fort construction completed.  Lost around turn 30.  Took someone with me.

Playing Shinuyama in groghammer.  Downward spiral, but have plenty of fight left.

Playing Fomoria in another game.  Have giants, will travel.  Fighting multiple nations since first year.  Remaining nations attempting to prevent victory.

Playing Bogarus in A Dominion of Grogs.

Playing Pangaea in Dawn of the Grog.

I am happy to play a random nation.  I don't mind a dud pick, as I have some multiplayer experience.

parone

WOW that is a lot of games!!!!

you sure you wanna get in another?  once you get a few in the midgame, you'll be swamped.

if you do, i'll roll you a MA on the randomizer

Phobos

I am currently playing 4 games.  That will be down to 2 soon enough, maybe another fortnight.  My late-game strat with Fomoria is brute-force and does not require a lot of fiddly work, maybe 10 minutes every 48 hours.  I spend that amount of time, or less on the other games I am playing, not counting diplomacy.  I am not currently playing Starcraft or AoE and I am taking a break from Dark Souls, so I have the free time.

With all that in mind, I don't mind taking on a new game.  By the time this one starts and gets complicated, I am 90% sure I'll be down to 2 other games.  On a 48 hour schedule, that is easy enough to manage.   

undercovergeek

par one?

lmao - ive had you down as parone (pronounced paronni (italian)) since you joined

made me smile

good luck with the game

parone

that's funny.  par one was a race horse-a world champion standardbred.  i think he was from deleware, though, not italy :)

parone

ok phobos.  i'll roll you a nation later.

although, this game appears to be pretty lukewarm...

that's ok.  if we only end up with a few players, the games tend to move along more briskly

Huw the Poo

Quote from: parone on June 11, 2013, 12:11:46 PM
although, this game appears to be pretty lukewarm...

If I didn't already have three games on the go I'd have jumped in!

W8taminute

Quote from: Phobos on June 10, 2013, 07:05:13 PM
...I am taking a break from Dark Souls, so I have the free time.

Did someone say Dark Souls?  Now that's a great game and always good to bump into a fellow Hollow!  :)

What platform do you play on?  I'm on XBOX 360.

Back on topic:

I'm interested in playing if there is room.  I will continue playing even if my position ultimately ends up hopeless as I respect that other committed players like myself want to see the game to completion.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

parone

glad to have you w8, select a faction?

parone

also, i posted this game on desura, to perhaps jazz up a player or two

W8taminute

Quote from: parone on June 11, 2013, 02:22:41 PM
glad to have you w8, select a faction?

Cool thanks!  I'd like to take Vanheim if I may.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

gp1628

Excellent. I always like to see new Dom3 games forming up.