DOOM

Started by parone, June 10, 2013, 01:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gp1628

Quote from: parone on June 19, 2013, 06:00:12 PM
haerdalas-

some strats that seem 'broken' vs AI are actually pretty easy to counter in MP.  i don't know what you are talking about specifically, but i bet a good player(and by that, i mean not me) could probably counter it

Also keep in mind if your AI play is vanilla. ANY strat on the vanilla game should be suspect in a modded game. Often the purpose of mods is to specifically make easy strategies more difficult to use. The same applies to vanilla MP vs modded MP, or vanilla AI vs modded AI games

alastair

This Indy-7 strength is killing me, bros :(

Also, jesus, how much are you paying for mercs, C'tis?

undercovergeek

Quote from: alastair on June 20, 2013, 09:09:14 AM
This Indy-7 strength is killing me, bros :(

Also, jesus, how much are you paying for mercs, C'tis?

the other games on '9' - id love '7'!!

Haerdalas

The first battle cost me half my army. I had to return and replenish troops. The second battle cost me only one man. I still had to return to replenish troops, because /not one/ of the provinces I can attack has less than 60 men right now, except for one... that apparently has Elephants.

The RNGs hate me.

Phobos

I recruited a second commander explicitly to ferry troops to my main army until losses become acceptable.  Once I have enough decent troops in my main army, I have the commander spare for a second force.  Expansion is slower than I would like, but I have a plan to increase the pace. 

Wingedflamez

Just curious is anybody else keeping a backlog of their turns and 2H Files?

Faux

Quote from: Wingedflamez on June 21, 2013, 04:59:58 AM
Just curious is anybody else keeping a backlog of their turns and 2H Files?

Haven't been saving 2h files but the turn files are all stored in my mail. Might be fun to revisit them in the future.

parone

wow.  another 'interesting' turn for Bandar Log. 

too bad graphs aren't on.  mine would be hilarious!

Faux

I was a bit surprised at how quickly I ran into my closest neighbour.

Haerdalas

I have yet to encounter anyone else, even with my scout, but I can see other dominions, so they cant be far away..

Also, although i have yet to actually lose a battle, casualty rates are high enough I can only really hope to take down a province every other turn right now. Hopefully that will change soon, now that I have control over most of the provinces adjacent to my capital providing resources for my high cost army.

Seriously, Tien Chi troops are decent, but it's really difficuly to field them in sufficient numbers for the first few turns, as more gold is useless.

Wingedflamez

Same here. Can see other dominion but haven't seen actual targets... I mean players yet.

My province attacking power was kinda slow to begin with. Mainly because I took a cautious approach since shiny recruits are pretty mediocre at best. But my province acquisitions power has doubled on the last turn. Which is nice.

W8taminute

I have encountered a couple of players but have not actually made contact yet.  Can't divulge any other info however due to security reasons.   :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Haerdalas

I have a Spy wandering around trying to find people right now. I found a 3-strength enemy dominion province which I am moving into this turn, so hopefully I will be finding someone soon.

Bronwell

I don't know about the rest of you, but I was pleasantly surprised to have those 2 turns go within 7 hours.  I checked in expecting to see about a third having turned in their turns, instead, it said half had turned them in and I wasn't one of them. 

Thought I had failed sending it in, then checked and saw a new turn had gone out.  :)

And now only 2 players left to turn in a mere 3 hours after last turn post.  :)

W8taminute

I know there is some controversy with setting up alliances or mutual defense pacts but I have yet another option to ask about. 

What do you all say about agreements to carve up the land of independents between major nations?  IOW you could contact a player and propose to not take or take certain independent provinces and avoid accidental battles with another major power.  That is of course until there is no one else to attack. 

If two major power armies did meet by accident can we apologize to each other and negotiate real estate deals?  Or of course we could just go all out war and fight over the independent territories.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk