DOOM

Started by parone, June 10, 2013, 01:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faux

Quote from: parone on July 09, 2013, 02:04:11 PM
I updated using Gandalf's link, and it was pretty easy even for a bumbler like me.

that said, in case anyone has problems, I am going to add 24 hours to the timer for this turn.

Thanks. I'll probably be needing the extension because my working schedule is a bit messed up this week.

parone

faux, remember, even if you just think you might need an extension, let me know and i'll bump it.  if you get it in, it'll host anyway.

almost 30 turns, no stales!

Wingedflamez

I know we discussed this before but I'm wanting to bring it up again.  Could we bump it up to like a 36 to 40 hour time frame, my turns are starting to get a little complicated. So having the cushion of the second evening would be nice.

parone

yeah, winger, I think it is prob time for that.

ill change the timer to 36 hours after next hosting

Haerdalas

I think something might be wrong with the Llamaserver right now. All the games say it hasnt updated in nearly 9 hours. For all we know we could technically have another turn by now...

parone

llama is having power supply problems.  he says should be good to go soon.

that guy is awesome, by the way.  'llamaserver' is some old 90s vintage hardware literally in his basement.  he is just some dude like you and me who sets it up and pays the power bill on it all year long. 

Haerdalas

...Wow, that is pretty awesome.

parone

it appears llama is back in action.  we are waiting on our agarthan player now.  hope all is well

Haerdalas

That's Faux, I think. he said he might need the extension, so it's nothing to worry about yet.

Faux

Quote from: Haerdalas on July 11, 2013, 07:59:34 AM
That's Faux, I think. he said he might need the extension, so it's nothing to worry about yet.

Yeah. Will be posting my turn in few hours so don't worry.

Wingedflamez

No rush. I have like 6 and a half hours before I get home, the later you post the less I'm changing to get home and see the results.

:D

parone

folks, Tygaros needs another hefty delay, so I guess you can take the weekend off from DOOOM.

he assures me this is not going to be a trend, and of course RL must be the priority.

delay should be reflected on llama now.

W8taminute

It is with sad regret that I must inform you of Vanheim's demise.  We can not salvage our situation even with economic or military aid.  I've gone ai.  Good gaming with you all and enjoy!  I have resided myself to retire to SP gaming until I am more proficient with Dom3. 

One day I will return to MP gaming in Dom3.   ;D
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Phobos

OOC:  I spent a lot of gems and gold on that invasion force.  Easily over 100 magic gems.  I started recruiting the moment Vanheim appeared on my radar, because they have werewolves and that made Bad Wolf jealous.  Most of the summons were cheap, low-level stuff, that could be summoned in big groups, such as longdead via reanimation and Dire Wolves.  The giants in my squad were mainly there to crack the fort open quickly.

I doubt that strategy would have been as successful if you had decided to pick up a bless for your Vanir.  Then again, what you would have had to sacrifice for that bless is something I can't answer. 

W8taminute

Bless the Vanir?  Just one of the many nuances of the game I still don't understand fully.  That and the purpose of blood sacrifices.  You were a great opponent and I was surprised that your magic was kind of similar to Vanheim's spells.  You had the health regeneration spell that healed your troops which I tried to counter with my Legions of Steel.  I was also attempting to spam lightning but was not able to figure out how to consistently fire it.  Your wolves were indeed formidable.  My skinshifters had no chance. 

I was also trying to rush your rear with my Valkyries but couldn't get enough numbers fast enough to do as much damage as I had hoped.  And yes, your giants stunned me at how fast they were able to crack open my fortress walls.  Didn't give me much time to assemble a counterstrike so I hit you with whatever leftovers I had at hand.   I think I could have succeeded in liberating my capital if I had more men. 

All in all a good game though.  I did much better on this my second MP game than I did in my first game.  Good stuff!!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk