DOOM

Started by parone, June 10, 2013, 01:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gp1628

Quote from: Faux on July 13, 2013, 02:09:45 AM
Quote from: Phobos on July 12, 2013, 10:32:57 PM
Personally, I find the whole matter abhorrent.  I can only hope that certain toxic elements leave their taint off the next iteration of the game.

If you just ignore Dom3mods community altogether you can avoid 90% these elitist powerfreaks. I assume their little ivory tower will become increasingly irrelevant especially with the influx of new players after Dom 4 has launched and Desura being the new official forum anyway.

I hate to point out that almost the entire moderation of the new OFFICIAL  Dom3 and Dom4 forums is being done by the Dom3mods people. And almost all of the Beta Testing for Dom4 is also dom3mods people.

W8taminute

Grogheads is a nice place to be.  Pretty much everyone here is nice and easy to get along with.  Don't take anything personally and feel free to be honest when you discuss issues.  We're all big boys here and we can get along, just be understanding of your fellow man and his different opinions.   ;)

@Wingedflamez

Thank you for the offer to share your previous turns.  I'd love to check out your strategy if only to help me for my next game.  I'm still pondering how to rebuild my pretender for Vanheim.  I like Vanheim though and will probably stick with them for a while before moving onto another nation.

PM me for my email.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Faux

Quote from: gp1628 on July 13, 2013, 10:34:21 AM
I hate to point out that almost the entire moderation of the new OFFICIAL  Dom3 and Dom4 forums is being done by the Dom3mods people. And almost all of the Beta Testing for Dom4 is also dom3mods people.

I'm aware of that. The atmosphere in Desura is still very different from Dom3mods. Also Edi is a nice fella so I have no problems with that. In fact I have no problems with any of the Dom3mods guys but I can see why some people do.

parone

Phobos-feel free to psychoanalyze my play style.  so far, the kill ratio over in dom of grog has got to be, what, 6-1 in your favor!  good thing I have LOTS of troops, cus while I have taken a bunch of territory, I honestly think the casualty count for C'tis is approaching 1000.

out of curiosity, do you get an update of how many units your global(lightning hits in your dominion) is killing?  cus brother, there sure are a lot of dead lizards/undead in your territory.(are undead dead after you kill them?)

parone

also, w8-there is often someone who needs a sub in these large games.  if that does happen, is it ok if I PM you and ask if you are interested?

also, did you every check out Austen's vids in spectacle of perspicuity over at desura?  I never watched em, but i'll bet they'd be very good for an up and coming vanheimer...

parone

winger, did you realize you called me 'parole'??? ;D

Wingedflamez

Yeah after I posted and after a couple of replies I saw it, I was posting from my phone and the auto correct apparantly doesnt like your name.  :P

W8taminute

Quote from: parone on July 13, 2013, 03:24:15 PM
also, w8-there is often someone who needs a sub in these large games.  if that does happen, is it ok if I PM you and ask if you are interested?

also, did you every check out Austen's vids in spectacle of perspicuity over at desura?  I never watched em, but i'll bet they'd be very good for an up and coming vanheimer...

Hi parone,

I'd love to sub if there is ever a need.  PM with the request if needed.

Going now to check out those videos now actually.  Thanks for reminding me.  I need to become a better Vanheim player.   ;D
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Wingedflamez

I finished the r'yleh ones earlier and started the heim one. Are they the only 2 to did that or did the other 2 do it as well?

Faux

Quote from: Wingedflamez on July 13, 2013, 05:39:46 PM
I finished the r'yleh ones earlier and started the heim one. Are they the only 2 to did that or did the other 2 do it as well?

I believe Maerlande and Austen are the only ones doing vids. Turn files from all the players are available though. I like Austen's vids more because they're a bit longer and more indepth but both of them are doing a great job.

Phobos

Quote from: parone on July 13, 2013, 03:22:13 PM
out of curiosity, do you get an update of how many units your global(lightning hits in your dominion) is killing?  cus brother, there sure are a lot of dead lizards/undead in your territory.(are undead dead after you kill them?)

A message comes up during the list of normal battles, generally after all battles, but sometimes before some battles in the message list.  It gives a count of units wounded and units killed by Wrath of God.  It does not provide a breakdown by nation.

So far, I have been able to 'predict' a couple of attacks, but that just comes down to strategic awareness, more than any special comprehension of your plans.  It just buys my nation some time to slap together a few countermeasures.  The moment I have your play style figured out, you'll be the first to know.     

W8taminute

I watched a couple of Austens videos, the one where he covers his pretender make for Helheim and turn one of his PBEM game.  I like his detailed explanation and those two videos gave me a lot of food for thought.  I'll watch some more of his series to get better acquainted with this great game. 

Then I'll check out marmalades (sp?) videos.

parone

haha.  maerlande!!

I like marmalade

Tygaros

ok, I'm back in action, thanks for waiting

Wingedflamez

Come on guys. I'm going through withdrawal over here.