DOOM

Started by parone, June 10, 2013, 01:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haerdalas

I know the problem, friend. I know the problem. The number of times my WiFi has decided to stop working for me is ridiculous. Luckily, it is generally of the type of problem fixable by either switch-off-switch-on, or just letting a bit of time sort things out. I hope you get things fixed.

Also, a small heads up for everyone. I am going on holiday for 2 weeks at the beginning of next month, and though I should be able to get WiFi there and use my laptop, if I suddenly start staling, you know the reason.

Wingedflamez

I think that this problem is eing caused by a POS burned out router. We have been stressing the WiFi pretty hard recently, and the router was carp to begin with. We are going to hopefully soon, replace the entire system and get a modem and router that are separate, and get a router that isn't a piece of crap.

As long as you able to get WiFi and don't take Toooo long, between me and Parone we can probably extend the turns to keep you from staling.

If nobody has a problem with that. >:)

Haerdalas

how are you accessing the internet right now? is there no way you can use that to send in your turn?

and yeah, I really really hope I do get WiFi. I should do, but it has been known for the WiFi to stop working sometimes. On the other hand, since this is just one of many things I use the internet for all the time, if I -do- get stuck without access, I generally go looking for somewhere not too far away with free WiFi anyway, so I should be alright. Very, very minimal chance of it affecting anything.

Wingedflamez

Smart phone with an unlimited data plan. Don't have the ability to make it a mobile hotspot though. Would have to pay for that or root my phone neither of those options are viable though.

parone

hmm.  no turn/word from bronwell... :(

Faux

Can I get a 24h extension? I won't be home until very late today.

Wingedflamez

Wingedflamez

Something is going on with llamaserver, I put in the 24 hour postponement and it gave confirmation that it had changed said it would host at 2200 on Monday, but on the main page for the game it still says it is going to host at 2200 today.

EDIT: NM it finally updated.  I was concerned because I put it in twice.

alastair

Just letting you all know that I have a bunch of interviews/networking over the next week or two, so I might be a little Touch-and-Go with my turns for a bit.

Wingedflamez

Do we need to extend for pythium and Pangaea? 

I know Alistair said things would be up and down for him.

Bronwell

I can't speak for Alastair, but my turn is already in.

Haerdalas

Getting pretty close to the deadline and Alistair is still not done... might be worth giving him a few more hours.

alastair

I got it in 10 minutes before the old deadline, but thanks anyways!

Looks like WAR has come from Jotunheim.

Haerdalas

Oh? There is War between Jotunheim and Pythium? Interesting.

Try and kill whichever wizard is casting those global spells, please.

parone

yes alastair.  the hopes and dreams of the whole world march with the armies of the Emerald Empire... ;)