DOOM

Started by parone, June 10, 2013, 01:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bronwell

I agree.  Given his position we would need to find a sub immediately as with the past 2 stales it seems he is about to be steamrolled.  I hate to say it, but we may need a delay to let someone sub in.   You might want to put out feelers now and see if anyone is interested.

If we don't get a response from Phobos soon someone can sub in and if Phobos is able to continue he can always take over.  It beats going AI and there is no coming back from that.

Just the thought of AI is making me grate my teeth.  In my last game the frontrunner steamrolled my two neighbors and they went AI.  Both their main armies immediately focused on me (their peaceful ally/neighbor) ignoring the behemoth that had taken 3/4ths of their territories.   

W8taminute

Hey guys.  alastair PM'ed me today alerting me to your need for a sub for Jotunheim.  I'm interested in helping out.  Let me know what I need to do. 

Parone I'll send you a PM.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Wingedflamez

I'm going to throw an extra 48 hours onto the host time, which should get us through the weekend.

Also Has anyone checked with llama about the fact that everyone is showing as "stale" on teh site, but the turns are going through?

parone

wow.

I didn't know we needed a sub.

w8, i'd love to have you as a sub.  I just have to make sure we need one!

alastair

I think the reasoning was that Jotunheim has pretty much gone AWOL, through no apparent fault of his own, and staled for basically the past week+, and it would probably be better to get some kind of sub for him rather than waiting to see if he reappears.  If he does, then he gets the position back.  If he doesn't, he doesn't.

parone

well, didn't he say he was going to stop playing at some point?

no biggy

w8, send me your email in a pm, you're in!! :)

W8taminute

I think I sent you a pm yesterday.  I'll send another one now.

Thanks for the opportunity guys!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Haerdalas

Huh. Although Jotun may have defeated you before, in the end it is you who controls the fate of Jotun. Kinda ironic really.

parone

email changed.  thanks w8.  sounds like you have your work cut out for you...

is pythium still submitting turns?

alastair

I am.  If there is any overflow interest I will probably take advantage of that, though.

W8taminute

Quote from: Haerdalas on October 26, 2013, 10:46:31 AM
Huh. Although Jotun may have defeated you before, in the end it is you who controls the fate of Jotun. Kinda ironic really.

Brilliant masterstroke on my part if I say so myself!   ;D

Wingedflamez

ok W8, you've got until noon tomorrow EST.

W8taminute

I meant to mention this yesterday but didn't get the chance.  I still haven't received the game file.  I've checked my junk folder and it's not in there either.  Is there anyway to retrieve the file from the server?  Won't be able to get to it until later on this evening my time.  GMT -5

Wingedflamez

I'm.glad something nagged at me to check the forum now. I put another 24 hours W8.

Bronwell

W8.  I sent you a message yesterday saying how to have the game file resent.  You just go to the game page on llamaserver and click the link at the bottom that says request turn resend.  If it is not resending, you may need to have parone recheck the email address it is set to for Jotun.
Here's the game page link again:

http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=DOOOM

For what it's worth, I just realized that anyone can request that any turn be resent, so I requested a resend of Jotunheim's turn.  If you don't receive it shortly then ask Parone to recheck the email set up for Jotun.  You may want to give him an alternate email to use.  It is possible that gmail or @yahoo or whatever email you are using may not play nice with the server.