Main Menu

Eastern Exorcist

Started by Gusington, August 17, 2020, 08:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Where has this game been all my life? Early access right now but I am going to buy it tonight - reviews are solid on Steam and it reminds me of a game I played in the arcade in the late 80s whose name has escaped me since then. It was also Eastern/Asian themed and a 2d side-scroller...anyone remember the name of that game?

Anyway, I give you...Eastern Exorcist:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1120810/Eastern_Exorcist/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I thought I heard the sound of loins becoming moistened. I thought maybe it was just the Hot Water Heater leaking again.  #:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Yskonyn

Looks awesome! Makes me remember Chakan on the Sega Megadrive! Thanks!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Gusington

I bought it as I was typing on here last night. For the life of me I cannot remember the name of that 80s side scroller...anyone know what I am talking about?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

RedArgo

Side scroller, eastern themed from the '80s, Shinobi?

Gusington

No wasn't Shinobi. The civilization it was set in was never named but it was a mythical, fantasy type China IIRC.

I have been trying to find the name of this game for so long. I remember major parts of it were set in forests and the player avatar would literally swing from vines while fighting monsters, all Chinese-themed.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Hot lead and dirty talk!

Jesus saves! But Gretzky scores on the rebound!

Gusington

^Maybe.

NO!

I have not been able to find it even using all the powers of the interwebs like Moby Games and such :/

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Hot lead and dirty talk!

Gusington

^NO! It was a side scrolling adventure game set in a mythical China-like civilization, with very heavily forested areas that the player could traverse and dive down into - sideways.

GAH!!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Hot lead and dirty talk!

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Hot lead and dirty talk!

Hot lead and dirty talk!

I believe Shadow Force was released as Ninja Gaiden for home consoles

MetalDog

You really should post more.  That Revenge of the Nerds avatar needs to be seen more often.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob