Name That Music Video

Started by mirth, May 03, 2012, 12:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Brant yours above isn't Motley Crue is it?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Gusington on May 03, 2012, 03:26:08 PMBrant yours above isn't Motley Crue is it?

No.

here's your hint

Teenage Neon Jungle
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Quote from: LongBlade on May 03, 2012, 02:35:26 PMBrant will be uber.

c'mon now - y'all started a music thread fercryin'outloud!  what'd you expect?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

I think you're going to have to give us yours Brant.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on May 03, 2012, 06:47:54 PMI think you're going to have to give us yours Brant.

mirth

Egads, I'm glad I didn't know that one!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

MetalDog

Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 03, 2012, 06:54:45 PM
Quote from: mirth on May 03, 2012, 06:47:54 PMI think you're going to have to give us yours Brant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsFsh5MC_xs

I spent most of the 80's, six to eight hours a day, seven days a week watching MTV and NEVER saw that video!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on May 03, 2012, 08:02:36 PMI spent most of the 80's, six to eight hours a day, seven days a week watching MTV and NEVER saw that video!

It was on MTV's Top 20 of the Summer in '85.

mirth

MetalDog

Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 03, 2012, 09:53:03 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on May 03, 2012, 08:02:36 PMI spent most of the 80's, six to eight hours a day, seven days a week watching MTV and NEVER saw that video!

It appears that I escaped the 80's with one less scar then ;-)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on May 03, 2012, 10:21:55 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 03, 2012, 09:53:03 PM
It appears that I escaped the 80's with one less scar then ;-)

Laugh all you want, but of that band...

The lead singer, Kyle Vincent, went on to a successful but low-level career as a singer-songwriter with a lot of softer pop tunes appearing in TV shows and movies.

The bassist (Jonathan Daniel) and drummer (John Schubert) moved on to form The Electric Angels, and then The Loveless.  The bassist (and main songwriter) is now in music management in New York and runs an agency that manages a LOT of bands.

The guitar player, who replaced Vincent as the lead singer when he left later went on to form Kill For Thrills before a brief stint in G'n'R and a long career touring with people like Heart and Slash's Snakepit?  Gilby Clarke.

And with that...  I'll exit this thread so you guys don't spend all month mad at me 

mirth

Don't go Brant. I have great admiration for obscure music knowledge, particularly from the 80s.

Centurion40

Any time is a good time for pie.

Centurion40

Correction:  Cloudbusting.

No coffee yet today.
Any time is a good time for pie.

mirth

Cloudbusting is correct! Love Kate Bush. Her early videos were interesting. Cloudbusting was short film concept worked out by Kate Bush and Terry Gilliam. And it had Donald Sutherland playing the father role. The whole thing is based on a story in the memoirs of Wilhelm Reich's son. Pretty high-brow stuff for an 80s music video.