What are we reading?

Started by Martok, March 05, 2012, 01:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

so I could have gotten Gus to write the Panthers in the Fog review?  :ThumbsUp:
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

No one said you didn't and I'm just holding on to it...for posterity.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Do not read The Ruins by Scott Smith. Not badly written but great googly moogly is there not one likeable character in the whole 500 pages. I just wanna watch the book burn in the fireplace.

And barely any ruins to speak of at all.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

ArizonaTank

Just starting "Battle Cry of Freedom" by James McPherson

Classic single volume history of the Civil War, that I have carried around for the last 30 years, but somehow never picked up to read.

I am only about 20% in, but so far it is the best explanation of the cause of the Civil War that I have read.

https://www.amazon.com/Battle-Cry-Freedom-Civil-War/dp/019516895X/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1695560511&sr=8-1
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Windigo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 18, 2023, 04:20:09 PMso I could have gotten Gus to write the Panthers in the Fog review?  :ThumbsUp:

Dude, up your game! ChatGPT could do that for you with five minutes of effort.

THIS took me 2 minutes.

"Panthers in the Fog" is a highly regarded war strategy game, and here are 10 favorable points highlighting its strengths:

Immersive Historical Accuracy: "Panthers in the Fog" excels in its commitment to historical accuracy, recreating the Battle of the Bulge with meticulous attention to detail, from unit types to terrain and weather conditions.

Challenging Gameplay: The game offers a challenging and rewarding experience, with complex decision-making and strategic planning required to succeed in the various scenarios.

Realistic Graphics: The game boasts impressive graphics that bring the battlefield to life, allowing players to appreciate the scale and intensity of World War II combat.

Deep Strategic Depth: "Panthers in the Fog" offers a deep and engaging strategic experience, making players feel like real commanders as they make critical decisions to outmaneuver their opponents.

Historical Campaigns: Players can engage in a series of historical campaigns, each with its unique challenges, objectives, and historical context, providing a rich and educational experience.

Varied Units: The game features a wide range of units, each with its strengths and weaknesses, encouraging players to experiment with different strategies and tactics.

Dynamic Weather System: The dynamic weather system adds an extra layer of complexity to battles, forcing players to adapt their strategies based on changing conditions, just like in real warfare.

Multiplayer Options: "Panthers in the Fog" offers multiplayer modes, allowing players to test their skills and strategies against others, adding significant replay value.

User-Friendly Interface: The game's intuitive user interface makes it accessible to both newcomers to the genre and experienced wargamers, ensuring a smooth and enjoyable gameplay experience.

Active Community and Support: With a dedicated and passionate player community and ongoing developer support, "Panthers in the Fog" remains a living and evolving game, with regular updates and improvements.

In summary, "Panthers in the Fog" is a fantastic war strategy game that excels in historical accuracy, offers deep and challenging gameplay, and provides an immersive experience that keeps players engaged for hours on end. Whether you're a history enthusiast or a strategy game fan, this title is a must-play
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Windigo

here's a favorable review of "Panthers in the Fog" with a nod to Jewish players:

Respectful Historical Representation: "Panthers in the Fog" is commendable for its respectful and accurate portrayal of historical events, including those significant to Jewish history during World War II, making it an inclusive and educational experience.

Inclusive Storytelling: The game acknowledges the contributions and challenges faced by Jewish soldiers and civilians during the Battle of the Bulge, ensuring that the experiences of Jewish players are represented thoughtfully.

Engaging Gameplay: With its deep and challenging gameplay, "Panthers in the Fog" invites Jewish players to immerse themselves in a strategic world that reflects the complexity of the historical period.

Authentic Visuals: The game's realistic graphics and attention to detail bring the historical setting to life, allowing Jewish players to appreciate the era's significance and immerse themselves in the experience.

Diverse Unit Selection: "Panthers in the Fog" offers a diverse selection of units, including those representing various nationalities and backgrounds, making it inclusive and appealing to players of all backgrounds.

Educational Campaigns: The historical campaigns featured in the game provide Jewish players with an opportunity to learn more about the events of World War II, including the struggles and triumphs of Jewish communities during that time.

Weather Realism: The dynamic weather system adds another layer of realism to the game, allowing Jewish players to experience the challenges faced by soldiers in the harsh winter conditions of the Battle of the Bulge.

Multiplayer Inclusivity: With its multiplayer modes, "Panthers in the Fog" offers Jewish players the chance to engage with a diverse gaming community, fostering connections and friendly competition.

Accessible Interface: The game's user-friendly interface ensures that both newcomers and experienced players from all backgrounds can enjoy the game without barriers.

Supportive Community: The "Panthers in the Fog" community welcomes players of all backgrounds, and with ongoing developer support, it continues to evolve into a more inclusive and engaging gaming experience.

In summary, "Panthers in the Fog" not only provides an excellent historical strategy gaming experience but also acknowledges and respects the historical context and contributions of Jewish players and communities during World War II. It's a testament to the inclusive nature of the gaming world, offering an enjoyable and educational experience for players of all backgrounds

Windigo

One more time, but like a Dr. Suess book

In the world of gaming, there's a title you'll adore,
It's "Panthers in the Fog," let's explore it some more.
With a nod to Jewish players, it's inclusive and grand,
A game that welcomes all, in this wondrous land.

In this game, history's pages unfurl,
With respect for Jewish players, it's a gem of a world.
With battles and strategy, it'll make you feel wise,
As you strategize and plan under virtual skies.

The graphics are splendid, so lively and bright,
They transport you back to that World War II fight.
And for Jewish players, it's more than just fun,
It tells stories of courage, battles fought, and deeds done.

A diverse unit selection, representing with grace,
Various backgrounds and nations, in this strategic space.
Jewish players will find it a welcoming sight,
With inclusivity that feels just right.

Campaigns that are historical, oh, what a treat,
They're informative and engaging, oh so neat!
Learn about the past, and the challenges faced,
In a game that respects history, it's all well-placed.

The weather's dynamic, it changes the game,
Just like the real battles, it's never the same.
Jewish players will see the elements roar,
As they navigate winter in the Battle of the Bulge war.

Multiplayer options, for connections so sweet,
With gamers of all backgrounds, it's a delightful feat.
Jewish players, unite with friends near and far,
In a community that's welcoming, like a shining star.

The interface is friendly, so easy to grasp,
For players of all kinds, it's a comfortable clasp.
And with ongoing support and a warm-hearted crew,
"Panthers in the Fog" is a game that rings true.

So, to all the players, wherever you may be,
"Panthers in the Fog" is a game you should see.
Inclusive and respectful, it's a joy to behold,
A game that's a story, a history, a world to unfold

JasonPratt

That direly needs publishing on the Front Page, and maybe sending to Matrix and the CC devs!  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

I could have wrote all three of the above in a total of 9 minutes, I am a better friend than ChatGPT and I can spell Dr. Seuss.

I beat AI!!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

But do you LOOK better than ChatGTP?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Windigo

Gus is awesome when you are 3 beer and 2 Jamaican rums into it.

Gusington

And for some, no alcohol is necessary.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

We all look like a Matrix code waterfall anyway, except for those of us egotistical enough to use our actual photo on every....

.....um, humble enough! -- humble enough to use our actual photo on every post.

:3musketeer:

Dammit Carl!

Dating myself a bit, but back in the day, there were 8.5" x 11" sized comics put out - usually black and white, but sometimes in color.  Such things as Epic Illustrated, Savage Sword of Conan, and so on graced the shelves and were much loved as the treats they were when the folks graced me with some cash to buy them with.  I've managed to keep most of them to this day, much to my surprise.

At any rate, there were "horror," titles that fell into this category and right now on Humble Bundle, there is a very, very reasonably priced collection of Eerie magazine archives available that I'm getting ready to put on the Kindle.  Can't wait to see if a similarly priced Creepy bundle comes out in the future.

p.s. Warren Publishing is the company responsible for both Creepy and Eerie and a few other gems, so keep a lookout for 'em!