Main Menu

God of War

Started by JudgeDredd, April 27, 2018, 04:02:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Just picked this up for the PS4 and will give it a run this weekend.

Anyone got it? What's it like? Angry Joe loved it
Alba gu' brath

jamus34

Don't have, I'm still on my self-imposed moratorium from buying games but here's my take.

I've heard it's the best GoW game yet. And overall I think the GoW series is really good, action has been tight, graphics are usually top notch, plot and voice acting on the better side of video game spectrum.

And with all of that I typically have not played more than an hour of any GoW game I purchased (1 and 3 I know of, might have 2 also but not sure). Not sure why but it's just a game I have problems getting into. I think the reliance on QTE is part of it though.

Kind of going on a tangent but one of the reasons I think I like Monster Hunter World so much is that much like GoW the boss battles are pretty epic. The think is in MHW there is typically no gimmick, trick or QTE to kill the monster. It's mostly user skill. With GoW it seems like most mid-boss and all boss fights end with QTE or require them to progress the fight. It was OK back in the early 2000's when the game originated but now it just feels dated.

Again, that's my opinion.
Insert witty comment here.

Jarhead0331

I have it. Its very good. I usually grow bored of these types of games fairly quickly, but the story is so well done in this one it is holding my interest.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

Thanks Jamus

JH - I just completed the first "boss" fight which was pretty awesome. Story is great too and I can't wait to delve further.

I might get bored if some of those boss battles get too hard (like Angry Joe said)...but we'll see.

It looks absolutely stunning though.
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 02, 2018, 01:29:48 PM
Thanks Jamus

JH - I just completed the first "boss" fight which was pretty awesome. Story is great too and I can't wait to delve further.

I might get bored if some of those boss battles get too hard (like Angry Joe said)...but we'll see.

It looks absolutely stunning though.

Yes...the second boss battle dragged on too long in my opinion and I started to get nervous. However, it wasn't too difficult (I thought the first with the troll was harder) and I was able to get through it. I have a very short tolerance for boss battles.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18