GTA 5 Makes $800 Million in First 24 Hours

Started by mirth, September 18, 2013, 07:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Hi Grimnirsson,

I've joined the Rock * Social Club and requested to join your crew.   ;)

Ok so GTA V is a lot of fun.  I haven't been able to play more than 2 hours or so because I have to wait until the kids go to bed before I play a game like this out in the open.  However I have managed to complete 3 missions and smoke a lot of weed and drink beer in my safehouse.    ;D
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Grimnirsson

Hm, haven't got any request on the site so far...you registered under W8taminute1941?  I ask because I can't find you there as a Social Club member at all...
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

W8taminute

I registered as just plain W8taminute but I did notice that their friend request and crew join request seems a bit buggy.  I'll try again and if it doesn't work I'll try to request to join in game. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Grimnirsson

Ok, you appeared and I have accepted your friends request...and just sent you an invite to Legio XIII Gemina :)

www.homefrontcenter.de

W8taminute

Grimnirsson

Some More Details on Grand Theft Auto Online

Quotehttp://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51422/some-more-details-on-grand-theft-auto-online.html

Grand Theft Auto Online: 10 Crazy, Awesome Things We Saw

www.homefrontcenter.de

W8taminute

Well today is the day that GTA Online is supposed to open for business.  Has anyone tried it yet? 

EDIT:  It seems like only a few more hours now before GTA Online is ready.  Here is the link to Rock *'s Social Club site however it is opening very slowly.  They must be in the process of upgrading as we speak!   http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/

Grimnirsson

Yep, I downloaded it and started with the character customization which I do not like...it appears other than using the 'random' option all characters look annoyingly the same and all are looking like gay hipsters btw...no matter how you choose the 'heritage' (you can not build your character as such, you choose the grandparents and the parents and this 'gen pool' will decide how you look like). I would have preferred a traditional 'here are a bazillion sliders and now go and slide around and build your character' - perhaps I do something wrong, don't know.

After saving the character the game starts automatically, the intro is nicely done although there were heavy pop ins and ultra late texture loadings in this intro 'movie'. It seems that NPCs do interact in an interesting way with the human players giving out 'missions' and such so it's not just clicking on a symbol in the map. The first thing is a race and then you have to beat up some drug types and steal the dope, then sell it to a NPC. Everything went ok, I finished 2nd in the race :) but after we killed the drug dealers every player jumped into a car and off they went, although we were all going in the same car at the beginning. I suppose they thought being first and being more of an asshole than the other players is the name of the game here (which it wasn't) and then these guys were in my world...and soon I got killed, and everybody was after everybody else...if you think you'll meet a lot of stupid non-team assholes in the online part of GTA5 I don't think you will be disappointed. Then I quit to see what I could do to come up with a better looking character (you have can have more than one), but then I couldn't get into the game anymore. Rockstar is aware of the issues and they work on them.

We will see...

www.homefrontcenter.de

W8taminute

Wow you got a lot accomplished Grim.  I was looking forward to character customization but based on your report it does not sound promising. 

Unfortunately the reality of this kind of game means there will be a lot of idiots out there making life miserable for us serious gamers but what can we do?  My plan is to try to keep my character out of sight and figure out how things work online.  We'll see how that goes. 

Grimnirsson

There's an option to activate a safe mode, which means that other players can not attack you (neither can you) so that seems a good idea for the first steps. If we three are in Los Santos we of course can fight back ;)

www.homefrontcenter.de

W8taminute

^ :)

I figured we could practice fighting each other in friendly matches designed to hone our street skillz!  But it's good to hear that you can activate a safe mode.  I'd like to play by observing first before diving in and fighting, stealing, and other types of mayhem. 

Grimnirsson

Private matches are an option, sure :)

Btw here's the character builder:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/4l7s44/grand-theft-auto-online-character-creation

And you can not be older 40 in the game...only R* knows why...  ???

www.homefrontcenter.de

Grimnirsson

QuoteIf you're struggling to earn cash early in your GTA Online career, you may find yourself tempted to begin killing other players on sight just so you can loot their dead bodies. But GTA Online will reward you for your good behavior in the form of regular cash payments. It may not earn you as much money as straight-up murdering strangers, but it's at least a consistent form of income. And there's one other benefit, too: you won't earn yourself a "bad sport" reputation. Rockstar has built a matchmaking system that makes sure jerks are matched up with other jerks, effectively banishing the worst offenders to a murderous wasteland of their own creation. Suddenly those good-behavior rewards sound pretty nice.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/five-tips-to-get-you-started-in-gta-online-6415139/?tag=Topslot;Slot1

www.homefrontcenter.de

undercovergeek

Quote from: Grimnirsson on October 01, 2013, 10:46:21 AM
Private matches are an option, sure :)

Btw here's the character builder:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/4l7s44/grand-theft-auto-online-character-creation

And you can not be older 40 in the game...only R* knows why...  ???

wouldnt a gangster have been shot in the face or retired by then?

unless you become a huggy bear style pimp but thats a different game altogether i suppose

Grimnirsson

Al Capone was  than 40... ;)

To have such limitations in a character builder is just silly, but then again...the whole character builder is crap.

www.homefrontcenter.de