War in the East, Battle for Kharkov 1942

Started by Pzrjager, April 20, 2018, 09:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pzrjager

You can see here I've completely eliminated the pocket and the mud is back. The Soviets have also taken Lopan again. This is a mistake on my part; I should have reinforced the city with the 168th Infantry Division in the north. I try to take the city back but it's just too difficult in the mud.

No attacks are made on my forces in Izyum. Not much can be done in this weather except hold what I have. I end my turn.

Pzrjager

Mission success! I'm greeted with the Axis Major Victory screen.

Pzrjager

The final score. The points I get for holding Kharkov and Izyum at the end of the game netted enough points for a major victory. While I wish I didn't lose Lopan, holding it wouldn't have been enough for me to get a decisive victory.

Pzrjager

And here's the final map. This is a fun but hard scenario. You need to be mindful of the weather, terrain, your outstretched forces, and some administrative disorganization as well.

I hope you learned something about history and this game. Hopefully it piqued your interest in this title, or if you're playing I hope it helped improve your gameplay.

Thanks for checking it out!

Sir Slash

Great AAR! Enjoyed reading it. How would you rate the AI opponent?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Pzrjager

Thank you! I think the AI is pretty good, definitely on the better side of most wargames.

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!