Happy (American) Thanksgiving

Started by Gusington, November 21, 2022, 10:08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

I for one am very thankful for being a part of this community, after all these years.

I am here almost every day and even though some days it sends me into a rage, most days it still warms the ashes of my dead heart.

Happy Thanksgiving!

:nerd:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Hard to believe we've made it to ANOTHER Thanksgiving.

It's hard to picture you raging about anything. You strike as the kind of guy that almost never gets angry or excited, but when it happens, its really scary and makes everyone around you head for cover. I hope I never live to see it.

But, yeah...wishing all my Grog brothers and sisters (if any are lurking) a very happy Thanksgiving.

Gobble, gobble...

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

Happy Thanksgiving indeed to Grogheads everywhere! May your days be merry and your giblets stay out of the gravy.  <:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Come on over right now JH.

There are about 20 people staying at my in-laws and there was a massive family fight at dinner last night - I had nothing to do with it - now some are staying here...while we have a major construction project going on at my place...while I am trying to heal up from bronchitis (thankfully not COVID).

All of this to say yes, I have a very long fuse that goes off roughly once every two years or so. It's all part of raising daughters! Which you most likely know by now.

:dreamer:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

And now a little song I learned from my kids when they were little and in elementary school. (to the tune of Frere Jacques)

Mr. Turkey
Mr. Turkey
Big and fat
Big and fat
I am going to eat you
I am going to eat you
Just like that
Just like that
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Pete Dero

We don't have Thanksgiving but we do have this  :-[:

Happy thanksgiving to all members from the US (and good luck in the World Cup) !

SirAndrewD

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

This will be my first post-divorce Thanksgiving, and since I have no living immediate family I imagine this one will be more than a bit quiet. 

I imagine I'll call my girlfriend and see how much of her hair she's pulled out at her family gathering.   Afterwards I won't even get a 4 day weekend as I have to run a live Black Friday Webinar event. 

I am thankful for the lack of in-laws this year though.  Gotta take the good with the bad.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

^How come you don't go to the girlfriend's family?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

SirAndrew, one of the best Thanksgiving Days I can remember was the one years back where family was all out of town, friends were bust elsewhere and nobody missed me all day. I had the whole day to myself then later ate with neighbors. It was quiet, peaceful, and stress-free. I'm glad they all aren't this way, but this was one I remember and enjoyed. There'll be time next year to get back to chaos and confusion.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on November 21, 2022, 04:22:20 PM
^How come you don't go to the girlfriend's family?

Not invited this year.  Her son just got married and her parents are about to get the first Thanksgiving where they get to meet the spouse, who is another man, so there'll be some awkward moments at their family gathering that the "boyfriend of five months" is probably best absent for.   Our goal is to spend Christmas together instead.  It'll just be her son for that one.

I'm taking Slash's advice and just taking this year off to watch football and gorge myself on cheap ham and instant stuffing. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

^Ah, gotcha. From where I sit, with my house occupied and dinner plans with 30+ clinically insane relatives, that sounds like paradise. Enjoy.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I don't know SirAndrew, that sounds like a great dinner to crash and bring alcohol. I think it maybe needed.
"I'm married to a guy too. His name's, 'Jack' and he lives in a bottle. Want to meet him"? I bet your girlfriend's family would appreciate the levity.  ::)

W8taminute

I'll echo what everyone else is saying SirAndrew.  Enjoy the quiet time.  Good opportunity to recharge the batteries.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

SirAndrewD

Well, I learned today I'm spending it with an equally recently divorced friend who is sending her kids off with her ex-husband. 

And she's a fellow Cowboys fan, so the football is well arranged.

So, yeah, the Goose will be a bottle of Grey Goose, and we'll celebrate being newly single and I'll probably help her on a few dating apps.  Then I think before I crash on her couch we'll watch ThanksKilling before I have to truck back home early on Friday to do my Webinar. 

So, Thanksgiving is saved Charlie Brown.  I'll be interested to see my very hung over webinar performance though.   :D

Gusington

^Me too, please post the link here.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd