Introducing TASK FORCE ADMIRAL Vol.1: American Carrier Battles

Started by The_Admiral, October 11, 2019, 12:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Admiral

Hello guys! :crazy2:

As always, the latest dope for the month is online! This way please  :coolsmiley:
Enjoy the ride  O0

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

MengJiao

Quote from: The_Admiral on November 30, 2022, 01:34:09 PM
Hello guys! :crazy2:

Those dive-bombing attacks look like the ideal dive-bombing attacks: very steep and releasing very low.  Are you going to simulate other factors with the dive-bombing?  Such as wind direction,
less-than-perfect pilots?

The_Admiral

Thanks guys, kind words are always appreciated  :coolsmiley: :smitten:

As for the question above:
Randomizing pilot performance is not a technical issue, it will be in there - what I'd like to have though is to make sure this randomization can, to a certain extent, reflect an absence thereof. Unrandomized & pre-defined experience that is, when certain squadrons - or, if we can manage to get more granular, certain pilots - are known to be especially good at what they do, or quite the opposite. To summarize, WitP AE in 3D, pretty much.

That's on one hand, what I'd like us to have down the line. On the other hand, in the immediate future, the complete absence of anything like that out there in 3D (the direct comparison being WotS' handling of pilot skill) means that it is not super high on the priority list. We'll first focus on trying to make attacks convincing before we start to add new parameters to them. Fortunately, when covering 1942, knowing each side pretty much had their A-team in the air kinda helps streamlining all that and give us a good jumping point for further refining.

MengJiao

Quote from: The_Admiral on December 01, 2022, 07:20:15 AM
Thanks guys, kind words are always appreciated  :coolsmiley: :smitten:

As for the question above:
Randomizing pilot performance is not a technical issue, it will be in there - what I'd like to have though is to make sure this randomization can, to a certain extent, reflect an absence thereof. Unrandomized & pre-defined experience that is, when certain squadrons - or, if we can manage to get more granular, certain pilots - are known to be especially good at what they do, or quite the opposite. To summarize, WitP AE in 3D, pretty much.

That's on one hand, what I'd like us to have down the line. On the other hand, in the immediate future, the complete absence of anything like that out there in 3D (the direct comparison being WotS' handling of pilot skill) means that it is not super high on the priority list. We'll first focus on trying to make attacks convincing before we start to add new parameters to them. Fortunately, when covering 1942, knowing each side pretty much had their A-team in the air kinda helps streamlining all that and give us a good jumping point for further refining.

Yes.  I'd say those dive-bombing attacks were pretty A-team and in the first half of 1942 that is probably what people saw.

bobarossa

I'm impressed by the carrier tilting during the turn!  Smoke and flames already look good to me.

Con

Really impressive
Brings home how important station keeping skills are on a fleet to prevent ships colliding during an engagement. You can see that this is critical required experience for successful fleet engagements and the US built this capability through continuous deployments while Japans eroded.

The_Admiral

Hi there Gentlemen!

Hope you had a hell of an evening  :coolsmiley:
Allow me to introduce you to our latest update, along with a few snippets, available now on Steam  O0

And before anything else, allow me to wish you all along with all your loved ones a fantastic, healthy & happy 2023. Cheers all  :peace:

Sir Slash

Looking good Admiral, you won't catch any flak from me about this latest sneak-peak.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

CJReich46

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

The_Admiral

Thank you guys, your kind support is always appreciated  :peace:

ArizonaTank

+1 on the Kudos Admiral. I really appreciate the small details you are putting in. These always help with immersion and keep me playing.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

JasonPratt

I realize it may not be possible, and that's okay, but those snapshots make me want to walk all over those ships....  :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!