Walking Dead Season 5

Started by OJsDad, September 09, 2014, 02:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinetree

I'm surprised that there hasn't been an uproar about the scene in the first few minutes (trying to avoid spoilers here) considering the whole isis thing. Great episode though, Carol is a true badass, she's up there with Ripley in my book.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

W8taminute

Man the producers of Walking Dead proved last night that they can still tell an awesome story.  I was so close to freaking out at a couple of scenes where there was some intense life or death moments.  Great show!!! O0
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Mr. Bigglesworth

I'm new to the series, on season 2 now. Quite entertaining.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Steelgrave

Probably the single best episode so far. Outstanding storytelling. While the zombies seldom give us a fright anymore (unless they jump out at us), the horror evoked from fellow survivors in the first four minutes was chilling. What a house of horrors.

And in the best tradition of Marvel movies....if you walked away once the credits started rolling, you missed a helluva surprise at the end. One that had me cheering    O0

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

BanzaiCat

Just watched it online - but I must be missing something with that "THEN" bit at the end. I hate to ask for clarification to get spoilers so I'll wait to see when the rest of the class catches up (and thereby passes me).  :buck2:

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 13, 2014, 08:53:21 PM
Just watched it online - but I must be missing something with that "THEN" bit at the end. I hate to ask for clarification to get spoilers so I'll wait to see when the rest of the class catches up (and thereby passes me).  :buck2:

There were a few "then" flashbacks that were explaining what happened to the Termites in days gone by that made them into the people they are now.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/14/business/media/walking-dead-premiere-draws-17-million-viewers-a-record-for-a-cable-tv-drama.html

QuoteThe ratings news from Sunday night was unusually buoyant across the board, as "The Walking Dead" on AMC shattered its own previous record as the most-watched drama in cable television history, and the four broadcast networks all posted increased numbers for premiere week, when delayed viewing over seven days was counted.

At the same time, one new network entry, "Gotham," on Fox, had its order for the season expanded to 22 episodes, and FX's cable series "American Horror Story" won a renewal for a fifth season after just the first episode of its fourth season — because that episode set a record rating for FX.

The return of "Walking Dead" for a fifth season drew 17.3 million viewers for its 9 p.m. telecast Sunday, topping its previous record of 16.1 million. The show was so overpowering it even crushed the N.F.L.: "Dead," with an audience of 11 million in the 18-49 age group that is preferred by many advertisers, was 2.5 million larger than NBC's "Sunday Night Football" game.

AMC's talk show that followed the episode, "Talking Dead," also shattered its previous record, attracting 6.9 million viewers, 4.5 million of whom were in the 18-49 category — those numbers were up over one-third from last year.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 14, 2014, 05:06:00 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 13, 2014, 08:53:21 PM

There were a few "then" flashbacks that were explaining what happened to the Termites in days gone by that made them into the people they are now.

Ah, okay. It just clicked, what the Terminus folks were saying throughout the episode. I got it.  :uglystupid2:

GDS_Starfury

one of those flashbacks included a fairly current comic series baddie.

BanzaiCat

I've been meaning to go download the last several issues and/or re-read the entire comic series, but I just haven't had time. My son wants to read 'em too.

TacticalWargames

Superb start to the new series.

W8taminute

Can't wait for tonight's episode.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

GDS_Starfury

once again merging back into the flow of the comics.  O0