"Six Days in October" -- Organizational Post

Started by Cyrano, September 19, 2016, 10:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Quote from: James Sterrett on September 24, 2016, 12:44:31 PM

And you shall have it!  Now, about my impending invasion of France....

Which begs the question... If the French invade France, who surrenders first?!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

James Sterrett

panzerde

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

James Sterrett

Only if it's a public display.  :)

Though either way we have drugs too, given the inevitable presence of alcohol.   :D

Cyrano

I turn my back for one minute...

I still need to hear from Lancer4321, Blackhorse, and Leg22 over at the organizational e-mail.

Bob (to my great regret!) has had computer difficulties punch him out of this one so I've activated Dom to the ranks of the regulars.

Morale post to come shortly.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

dom

Cyrano

@Dom:  Glad of it!

And so to feelings, mood rings, serotonin deficiencies, and other things like marching that affect morale:

Nothing too complicated here.  The longer one marches each day, the more the morale drops.  Only full days of rest can restore lost morale.  Zero morale troops are, well, hard to control.

And combat...

Battlefields are areas 5km X 5km.  They will be set up based on the terrain and other circumstances whenever two large forces make contact.  Vedettes, obviously, do not start combats.  I will explain those details of combats leaders need to know when they occur.  However, again as should be evident, units are not eligible to participate in a combat unless it has entered the square described above.  This is why the length of troops on the march can matter so very much.

I'm going to give the missing players a few more days, but these, in sum, are the rules as they will be given to the commanders.  I will gladly entertain any questions you might have.

Following final preparations, I will be mailing the two sides a group e-mail encouraging them to consult.  Then, I will ask the respective commanders for final orders as well as initial troop dispositions.  Thereafter the game clock will start running and all communication should only be through the umpire.

Salute!

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Cyrano on September 24, 2016, 08:30:33 PMMorale post to come shortly.

On any other website, this would not be a dangerous proposition. With the misanthropes we have around here, tho...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Cyrano

Morale...

Not moral.

I know better than to hope for the impossible.

bayonetbrant

Trust me, these guys know how to keep up their morale ;)

JasonPratt

Quote from: Pinetree on September 24, 2016, 04:26:47 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on September 24, 2016, 09:19:31 AM
To all corps commanders: if I receive word you or your divisional or brigade commanders have crossed into Spain during this operation, I shall require a full report. -- Napoleon

I hear Russia is quite nice this time of year...

Per my subsequent communique, Russia is right out. It is a very silly place! With huge...

{groping for the best description}

...tracts of land!!

{rummaging around}

Look! This report justifies my concern that Russia will be a ruinous distraction!

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

dom

So, Spain (nor Egypt) is not so distracting, it appears.

JasonPratt

But their women are generally much cuter, so they have that advantage.  :coolsmiley:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

dom

Cyrano

OK, before you straight loonies drive your armies into some weird ditch...or cul-de-sac at a minimum...I've taken the liberty of swapping in those who have contacted me for those who have not.  I realize this gives us a very thin reserve, but I figure a good plan today is better than a perfect one tomorrow.  Check the OP for new assignments.  MetalDog...saddle the hell up, brother.  You might well be going to Montana soon.

With that said, I'm going to give to evening tomorrow (Tuesday, GMT -6) to squawk and then I'm sending out briefings to both sides.

To the fields of honor, men!

To the fields of honor...