2017 Game of the Year Nomination (digital)

Started by bayonetbrant, January 17, 2017, 09:05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kushan

PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

James Sterrett

JasonPratt

Warhammer Man O War Corsair

Age of Rivals

Hand of Fate 2 (provisionally, haven't played it yet)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MikeGER

to add some to the menu

XCOM 2: War of the Chosen  (DLC)
Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach
Star Wars Battlefront 2   (loot boxes or not, i have to admit i play its MP allot atm) 

Martok

Another nomination for 4x/grand-strategy:  Oriental Empires

Best Expansion/DLC:  Stellaris: Utopia

Best Turn-based Tactical Game (or alternatively, Best Space Combat Game):  Battlestar Galactica: Deadlock
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

JasonPratt

Total War: Warhammer 2 -- has that been nominated yet?

While I kind of doubt Middle-Earth Shadow of War deserves game of the year, it isn't a bad game by any stretch and at least deserves a nomination.

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Crossroads

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Grim.Reaper

Although it will never win because it just came out a few days ago and is a niche game/sport game ....I am enjoying the heck out of Time Travel Tennis and throw this in as my SPORT game of the year.  I know other typical big title sports games like OOTP and F1 Racing, etc. likely will have a bigger audience, it was refreshing to see a new sports game on Tennis which you don't often see.  Heck, I am not even a big Tennis fan but it has taught me more about the sport and for some reason can't stop playing right now:)

https://asggames.com/shop/time-travel-tennis-game-pc/

tanqtonic

Simulation -- Cold Waters

Tower Defense / Management -- They are Billions