"Six Days in October" -- Game Time Is...

Started by Cyrano, October 15, 2016, 11:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Quote from: panzerde on June 25, 2018, 10:19:20 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on June 25, 2018, 10:11:07 AM
Bring on full supply rules!  :D

I'll be French as long as yer not.....   >:D

If we do the campaign I think we're going to do, I want to be Lannes again. I need my death scene!

Fine.... then I want to give you that death scene chance...

panzerde

In truth I'm more partial to playing Germans or even Austrians, since those are the armies I'm spending more time studying. I always end up playing Prussians when playing against Cyrano though, so it's nice once in a while to be on the French side.

More than a few games do the same thing with Napoleonic French that WWII Eastern Front games do with Germans.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Barthheart

In truth, I care not which side I'm on nor who's with or against me. The play is the thing.

Brig on a new campaign... I think I'll be better prepared this time around.... maybe....

panzerde

Quote from: Barthheart on June 25, 2018, 10:48:19 AM
In truth, I care not which side I'm on nor who's with or against me. The play is the thing.

Brig on a new campaign... I think I'll be better prepared this time around.... maybe....

Almost any other campaign we do will probably feel more balanced than that last one. First, because more people will know what to expect, and second, because the French were absolutely at their peak in 1806. It's damn hard to win as the Prussians in 1806.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

JasonPratt

"Supply rules" = "Prussians have chance to win".  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Cyrano

Oooh, this is sweet.

Our very own place to put up our feet and make a mess.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

mirth

I hope Brant made you put down a security deposit.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Cyrano on July 04, 2018, 01:33:30 PM
Oooh, this is sweet.

Our very own place to put up our feet and make a mess.

when you're ready to start the next one let me know and we will create a new holding tank for that one
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Cyrano

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Cyrano on July 04, 2018, 02:27:01 PM
Uuuuhhhhh, posted... :hide:

We will leave the sign up thread open and sticky until you're ready to start the game and then put everything in a subform together
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers