Ollie's Lindberg Hood & Bismarck nostalgia tugging

Started by em2nought, October 01, 2018, 01:52:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

em2nought

I had Hood back in the late 70's along with the Fletcher Class Red Devil, way back when they came with a motor.  Hood and Bismarck are something like $12.00 each at Ollies, and I keep wanting to buy them.  Not that Lindberg was ever very good, but something almost three feet long for $12 is hard to resist.  :dreamer:
Stolen elections have consequences.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Staggerwing

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

em2nought

Whoa, that Lindberg Bismarck can look pretty nice http://cs.finescale.com/fsm/modeling_subjects/f/7/t/140139.aspx  Great idea this guy had to make the deck planking from printed cardstock.

Staggerwing

I'm guessing he probably also drilled out the cannon barrels. Most ship models come with them sealed and you either drill or paint a little black dot.

em2nought

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 02, 2018, 05:56:07 AM
I'm guessing he probably also drilled out the cannon barrels. Most ship models come with them sealed and you either drill or paint a little black dot.

He made the blast bags on the main guns too.  I think the original model came with linkage and reduction gearing to make the guns traverse and elevate so there were no blast bags modeled.  That might have only been the Fletcher class destroyer though, I don't remember exactly, it was nearly forty years ago after all.  I do remember exactly what room and what house I built each of them in, I could pinpoint it on google earth if need be.  I can probably remember because I'd never consumed beer by that point, but later on a  midshipman cruise I barfed from beer so hard I popped a blood vessel in my eye.  I just wasn't an experienced enough drinker yet.  :DD :DD :DD

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

em2nought

My local Ollie's has Bismarck, Tirpitz, and Yorktown for $13.00 right now.  Didn't know Lindberg ever made a model of Yorktown that big.