General banter (out of character, non RP)

Started by Yskonyn, April 06, 2018, 11:55:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Ok guys I am uploading a new baseline MekHQ as we speak.
Please download it from this thread: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=22065.0
Overwrite all files.

It will include McMaster's custom Mechs as well as our campaign starting point with all personnel and finances ready to go at Day 1.

If you open Contracts Market you will see two contracts listed. I think a choice between either of these will be a good starting point for the campaign.
I'll post the discussion about which contract we should choose in the In Character thread. Please join the conversation with your commanding officer (just some light roleplay for flavour)!

As I have not received any comms from McMaster for some time now I've relegated his forces to our reserves. Should he not return feel free to look through his Mech and mix and match his hardware with your playable Lance.
Post any requests for that in the appropriate thread please.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Yskonyn

New save file up for download.
I've made some tweaks to out personnel roster. It turned out we hadn't enough Admin, so we were unable to procure stuff. That's fixed now.
We have some Armor in posession and some heatsinks are in transit (I advanced 1 day).
Other parts have not yet been found.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

I continue to be increasingly impressed with the functionality and detail of the program!  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Yskonyn

OK guys, this has proven to become much too unwieldy at this point.
I've learned lots from trying to get this going, so I have good hopes for the new 'version' !  :coolsmiley:

I am going to restructure the campaign so that every player is in command of ONE lance. As we're all going up against the AI at this point (sorry Jason, but it just doesn't work otherwise) we can make it a much more narrative process.

This also means that perhaps some of you following this project without playing might reconsider jumping in afterall now that the scope is being reduced.
I'll clean up the forum in the next few days and re-start in a smaller scale.

JasonPratt

I understand, don't worry.  O:-)

I was super-impressed at the level of depth the game engine could reach, in designing and generating one's own campaign on the fly, so I'm looking forward to a restart -- at, I agree, a simpler level! We should be managing no more than a lance each to start with.

On a somewhat different note, did our pbem AoW3 game desynch?? I think I've been playing against passed turns now every 5 days or so...  ???
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Yskonyn

On AoW3; no I have been playing as well, though I must admit that the initial setback I suffered right at the beginning caused much more delay than I had anticipated.
Some most turns have been just waiting on production queues, so lapsing a turn didnt matter at all. I think I have had three stales, the rest I played.
I haven't been able to send out any settlers yet so my economy is stalling bigtime. I am also beginning to see neutral armies creeping up to my capital so if they press on it might be game over for me soon.
What's your status?

On Battletech: Yes, I think we should aim at controlling no more than a regiment as the player group with the core being up to a company.
A Lance each player making that core company with attached Lances and Squadrons extending towards a regiment.

That also enabled me to better create a narrative experience.
So I'll hit delete and clean out the forum.

In the mean time each player interested can roll up a Lance; the guide posted still applies, save for the leadership bonusses and obviously keep it a Lance.

JasonPratt

(Note to self, roll up a lance.)

(Note to self: tried doing that earlier and failed for some reason. Too long ago, don't recall details...)

Yskonyn

Lance creation guide thread updated to reflect the new procedure!

How to roll a Lance for new players

JasonPratt

Yskonyn

Baseline download and Strategy Guide link updated.

JasonPratt

Downloading now. Plan to work on that this afternoon.

I also greatly appreciate the new edited instructions on rolling a Lance!

NickAragua

Found this by following the link from the CGL forums.

Question 1: got any slots open?
Question 2: What kind of time commitment are we looking at?

Yskonyn

Slots are indeed open! Welcome to Grogheads!

Time commitment is pretty low; as it is a co-op campaign against the AI you can play your mission whenever you have time to do so.
At the moment I think 1 mission a week?

We can scale up or down as needed. I am quite flexible as long as people keep communicating. :)

Currently every player controls a Lance, but we can expand that as we go depending on participation and player experience.

NickAragua

Ok. I downloaded the MekHQ package you've got linked. Should I roll up a lance or is there an existing one I can take control of? I see a lot of unattached mechwarriors in the Whackamole Rangers, can I build a lance out of those guys and their mechs?

Yskonyn

Quote from: NickAragua on January 31, 2019, 07:01:47 PM
Ok. I downloaded the MekHQ package you've got linked. Should I roll up a lance or is there an existing one I can take control of? I see a lot of unattached mechwarriors in the Whackamole Rangers, can I build a lance out of those guys and their mechs?

No roll a new Lance. The Whackamoles are retired.
We all start fresh.