Questions and requests

Started by Yskonyn, April 06, 2018, 12:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Its up to you. Either you roll up a Lance and email me your units or you state you want to take control of an already available one.
To see which Lances have already been rolled look in the thread where the characters are introduced.
Jamus and I have both rolled several lances.
Obviously you cannot take any of the command lances.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

Hm. I thought I did everything I was supposed to do, although when I got to this point ("Click on the 'Finances' tab and make sure all tickmarks are OFF in order to not have to pay for stuff yet.") I didn't see any tickmarks to tick to off. Or at all, for that matter.

I also didn't see any of this, although I looked around ("Accept the other options and let the campaign load up.").

Consequently, when I tried to hire my first Mechwarrior as Lance Commander, I didn't have the funds to do so, and it wouldn't let me continue, even though I had toggled the GM button as directed. (I clicked the button a few times to distinguish what I thought was on and off, on being a darker color indicating the button was 'depressed'?)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 21, 2018, 02:45:07 PM
Hm. I thought I did everything I was supposed to do, although when I got to this point ("Click on the 'Finances' tab and make sure all tickmarks are OFF in order to not have to pay for stuff yet.") I didn't see any tickmarks to tick to off. Or at all, for that matter.

I also didn't see any of this, although I looked around ("Accept the other options and let the campaign load up.").

Consequently, when I tried to hire my first Mechwarrior as Lance Commander, I didn't have the funds to do so, and it wouldn't let me continue, even though I had toggled the GM button as directed. (I clicked the button a few times to distinguish what I thought was on and off, on being a darker color indicating the button was 'depressed'?)

Ahem, bump!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Yskonyn

Forget about rolling.

Download the new MekHQ baseline and have a look through all the equipment we already have in the regiment. Then either choose one of the already made Lances to command, or, request a new Lance by stating which Mechs you wish to use (from the inventory we have).
See the 'Reserves' in the TO&E tab for McMaster's units.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

Got it.

Yeesh, there are 34 thousand + files?

Yskonyn

Yes, but the good news is that you will only have to download the base pack once.
It includes all kinds of custom logo's and graphics I've added.
From now on you can just overwrite a MekHQ update over your basepack and for all things campaign you'll only have to get the campaign save file, which is much much smaller. We've done the heavy lifting now. Any additions to the art will be presented as seperate small packs.

JasonPratt

It's okay, just that when I was extracting to overwrite the folder the 7-zip (or whatever it's called) had some kind of embolism the first time. I deleted the old folder after a system restart and simply extracted, no problems.

NickAragua

Suggestion: use an X-Com style operation name generator for the contracts. e.g. "Operation Gray Thunder".

Snimm

I see you guys have been at this for some time already, but would be willing and able to take on another player?  I can just cobble together a lance from reserves if you'd like to see the whole new player process streamlined (I did download the unit already).

Yskonyn

Hey Snimm! You are welcome to join in.
Roll up a Lance and post them here and I'll get them added.

Snimm

Well, I don't appear to be able to export personnel as a psrx file.  I can send you my cpnx file, at least?