Streaming Gems (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.)

Started by BanzaiCat, December 12, 2014, 09:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaTank

Just watched "Winter on Fire" from Netflix.

Documentary about the Ukraine 2014 Maidan revolution. Very moving. Helps explain the ferocity of the Ukrainians in defending themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RibAQHeDia8
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Uberhaus

Quote from: ArizonaTank on February 26, 2022, 02:56:56 PM

Documentary about the Ukraine 2014 Maidan revolution. Very moving. Helps explain the ferocity of the Ukrainians in defending themselves.
All of the above

GDS_Starfury

watching now, hope it trends to the top 10.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Father Ted

I watched a Beeb doc a while back about Afghanistan and its history of being invaded by colonial powers.  The interviewer asked an Afghani why they were so ferocious in defending themselves.  That is just so patronising - I've seen no docs where someone has questioned why Britain fought off Germany in 1940 or indeed how the US responded to the attack on Pearl Harbour.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Father Ted on February 26, 2022, 06:53:34 PM

I watched a Beeb doc a while back about Afghanistan and its history of being invaded by colonial powers.  The interviewer asked an Afghani why they were so ferocious in defending themselves.  That is just so patronising - I've seen no docs where someone has questioned why Britain fought off Germany in 1940 or indeed how the US responded to the attack on Pearl Harbour.

"Winter on Fire" is not patronizing. If anything it is inspiring.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I caught the first episode of, "Vikings Valhalla" on Netflix tonight. Not great but not bad either. I'll definitely  stick around for more Hot Viking Babes with swords and Battle Axes. Anybody else watching?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I will be soon. There are hawt valkyries in this one too?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Watched the whole Valhalla series over the weekend, I like when they release all episodes.  For me it was typical Vikings, watchable but nothing unexpected or great.  It felt maybe a little too much the same but for all know maybe that is historically accurate.

Toonces

I'm on episode 5 of a show on Netflix called, To the Lake.  It's a Russian show, dubbed into English (sort of like Squid Game with Korean-English).  If that doesn't bother you, then I'm giving it a very high recommendation.  The premise is a plague erupts in Russia and it turns into a Day Z situation, but without the zombies (so far).  The chicks are all Russian and super hot, and there's a satisfying amount of skin.  Oh, and the acting is pretty good, too.

Only one season that I can see, so it might be an ongoing show.

Each episode is about an hour long, so there's still a lot to get through in just what's currently available.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

W8taminute

Just finished watching Book of Boba Fett on Disney +

What a show.  Good stuff.  I hate Cad Bane. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

GDS_Starfury

Cad Bane is awesome.  the character was kind of wasted in BOBF.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

W8taminute

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 09, 2022, 09:19:43 AM
Cad Bane is awesome.  the character was kind of wasted in BOBF.

Definitely agree.  But what he did in BOBF kind of really pissed me off.  I won't get into details so as not to spoil the story.

Maybe they should do a series on Cad Bane.  His shrewd mind and his fighting skills really need to be showcased more than they were in BOBF. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

I just got notified that Season 5 of, 'The Last Kingdom' is now available on Netflix.  :D  This is the final season and I'm kind of afraid to watch it end.  :'(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.