Found in car

Started by steve58, May 30, 2022, 05:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

So yesterday my wife and I went to our storage unit to grab our Weber grill (charcoal > gas!) .  We laid it down across the back seat of the car.  On the back floorboard, she noticed a bottle cap.  In the bottle cap was a quarter.  The cap was from a Goya bottle.  Neither of us has a clue where this came from.  Neither of us has ever had a Goya drink.  I get somebody thinking it would be "cute" to use our car as a trash can, but the quarter???  Thanks, but  ??? ?

Moral of this tiny tale, don't leave your windows open in parking lots...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

Have you been to a car wash lately? Mechanic? Service of any kind?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Did you get a tooth knocked out in a white trash parking lot fight?   Maybe it's from the Goya toof fairy?

steve58

Quote from: Gusington on May 30, 2022, 06:41:12 PM
Have you been to a car wash lately? Mechanic? Service of any kind?

Ah, Sensi, yes I have.  Took the car in for an oil change last Friday...one of those sit in your car types.  Is a coin in a cap a thing now...somewhere??
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Staggerwing

Could it have fallen out of your grill? Maybe one of the clerks at the storage place is in the habit of taking the master key and scoping out what folks have in their units.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

W8taminute

A quick Google search of coins in bottle caps doesn't yield anything sinister. 
It looks like people do this with many different bottle caps and collect them. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Logic or invisible demons. Could be either. Or both.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

"Invisible Logic Demons" might be the name of my new post-modern prog-folk pep band, playing tone poems based on the writings of Descartes.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

You need a name for the first single.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Pretty sure it didn't fall out of the grill.  We noticed it on the back floorboard when we were loading the grill.  The quarter was in the bottle cap.  When I picked it up, the quarter tipped out easily.  How the heck did someone get it into our car without the quarter knocking out of the cap?  I guess its possible I left the car unlocked in a parking lot, but I almost always lock it.  This little life mystery has me flummoxed.  :pullhair:

Gusington

Flummoxed is almost as bad as vexxed.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on May 31, 2022, 08:49:40 AM

"I Plink Therefore I Am"
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 31, 2022, 09:43:41 AM
Quote from: Gusington on May 31, 2022, 08:49:40 AM

"I Plink Therefore I Am"
:crazy2:

I feel like this whole thread was set up for that 'joke' and you've been waiting years to say it  :crazy2:

Gusington

I think (not plink) you may be on to something.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd