We have ways of making you talk podcast

Started by fran, August 02, 2020, 10:00:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fran

For those of you that enjoy podcasts or would like to give it a go.

I can highly recommend We have ways of making you talk with comedian Al Murray and historian James Holland ( who's latest book is Normandy 44)

About 30 min per episode.

• They answer all kind of WW2 questions asked by listeners.
  • They also did a series of podcast on the 75th anniversary Operation Market Garden

Link below:

https://tinyurl.com/y55vyvkj

Another good podcast is the WW2 podcast by Angus Wallace. Normally in the format of interviewing an author about his/her latest book. It is longer format of 40 min plus. And you can subscribe to Patreon for extras.

You can find it at http://ww2podcast.com/

Francois10

That sound like something I'd tune in to listen to.

Reflectorsch

That sound like something I'd tune in to listen to

al_infierno

Quote from: Reflectorsch on May 31, 2022, 04:47:17 PM
That sound like something I'd tune in to listen to

Next time don't post the exact same fake comment as the last spam bot you used.   O0
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

undercovergeek

2243 posts and i just realised youre not called al-inferno  :))

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 31, 2022, 06:17:35 PM
2243 posts and i just realised youre not called al-inferno  :))

;D  Depending on the website I sometimes use al-infierno if underscores or spaces aren't allowed...  Maybe you've seen me elsewhere?
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

bobarossa

I think he's talking about the extra 'i' from what he thought you were called.
Also, one of the Spanish cuss words (phrases?) that the exchange student from Bolivia taught us in high school was Viente al infierno (Go to Hell).  Is that where your name came from?

al_infierno

Oh yeah, I just noticed that's exactly what he meant.   :D 

And more or less yeah, I originally heard it in Red Dead Redemption where the boss of a Mexican outlaw camp shouts "You're going to hell!" in Spanish.  I also just like that "Al" works as a first name.

- MengJiao

JasonPratt

"YO! SOY! JOHN MARSTON!!" -- John Marston in RDR, trying to get Mexican banditos to give up and go home early rather than be shot.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

W8taminute

Quote from: JasonPratt on June 01, 2022, 08:05:34 AM
"YO! SOY! JOHN MARSTON!!" -- John Marston in RDR, trying to get Mexican banditos to give up and go home early rather than be shot.

This first RDR was such a great game. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk