Art imitating life (before life actually happens?)

Started by W8taminute, June 09, 2022, 02:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Stumbled across this today.  Kind of creepy.  Maybe I'm not such a nutcase after all. 

X-Files episode that aired back in 2016

https://twitter.com/i/status/1533628751115862018

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

al_infierno

If you truly believe that vaccines alter your DNA, you need to educate yourself about basic biology.  This is all just hocus pocus fearmongering by Christian fundamentalists, and it's saddening that you can't seem to see that.

X-Files draws a lot of its inspiration from real life conspiracy theories, so it's no surprise at all that common nonsensical beliefs like "vaccines alter your DNA" made it into an episode at one point.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

This would be a great thread for the Religion and Politics forum...if we had one.

THREAD LOCKED.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18