Pivotal Moment at Cropredy Bridge

Started by MengJiao, September 12, 2022, 09:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

So Waller, in the Summer of 1644, tried to chop up King Charles I (now we have a Charles III!) army on the march.  Historically, that didn't work out very well, but
if you just get everybody over the Cherwell River and forget about the geographic objectives...maybe Waller can do better:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on September 12, 2022, 09:46:14 AM

So Waller, in the Summer of 1644, tried to chop up King Charles I (now we have a Charles III!) army on the march.  Historically, that didn't work out very well, but
if you just get everybody over the Cherwell River and forget about the geographic objectives...maybe Waller can do better:

Is Waller doing better?  Well, it looks like the river isn't going to help him as it did in the end historically, but he does have artillery on hand and deployed and Charles I does not:

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

MengJiao

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on September 21, 2022, 10:10:21 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on September 16, 2022, 12:39:05 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on September 14, 2022, 12:41:38 PM
Watching intently!  :clap:

Good!  And Waller charges:

Waller and Middleton both charge:

With only about an hour left on the clock (things have see-sawed a lot...pretty good scenario!)  Bennet gets ready to charge while
Waller and co rally or otherwise recover (reloading their pistoles even) (in the end Waller held on as the clock ran out so I gave him a minor victory versus his historical minor defeat):