Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Windigo

First the twitter down, now the video gone?

I sense the Ruskies are redoubling their efforts to try and control the narrative now.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Jarhead0331

Another interesting first hand account. I've been following Civ Div for awhile. Seems like a really good dude.

Civ Div posts a lot of go pro footage from his time in Ukraine. This is a good summary of his early experiences and first missions. Seems like it was total chaos, a lot of incompetence and some low level corruption.  Eventually, he developed really bad bronchitis/pneumonia and had to leave, but I think he plans on returning.

Willy OAM is an interesting dude too. Veteran of the Australian military turned journalist who developed an inoperable brain tumor.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Gusington

Rumors of further Russian mobilization:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bobarossa

Quote from: Gusington on November 22, 2022, 09:38:47 AM
Rumors of further Russian mobilization:

I stopped watching about the 3 minute mark after he said that Russia had just added 300k reservists to the 1.7 million already in Ukraine (1.7Mill is total russian army size including vast numbers of non-combat personnel) and then said the US claims that Russia has had 100k killed so far (we said 100k total casualties including wounded).   Made me not rely on anything else he might claim. 

Gusington

^I noted that too, with the 1.7m.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

If you think you know what is going on in this war, watch all three and a half hours of this.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Windigo

I'll have to stream this to my big screen TV....

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Windigo on November 23, 2022, 12:32:46 PM

I'm still watching it. I'm about 2 and a half hours in. It's worth watching every second.

i commented on the youtube page how war is the ultimate contradiction of extremes, bringing about both the best and worst of humanity. Justin is the ultimate embodiment of the contradiction of war. Matured beyond his years by his experiences, yet still so God damn young and naive.This is a fascinating firsthand account of modern war.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Windigo

Damnit JH..... you are compelling me to watch. Your recommendation carries weight given your years of service.

BTW Happy Turkey Holiday.

Skoop

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 23, 2022, 12:35:00 PM
Quote from: Windigo on November 23, 2022, 12:32:46 PM

I'm still watching it. I'm about 2 and a half hours in. It's worth watching every second.

i commented on the youtube page how war is the ultimate contradiction of extremes, bringing about both the best and worst of humanity. Justin is the ultimate embodiment of the contradiction of war. Matured beyond his years by his experiences, yet still so God damn young and naive.This is a fascinating firsthand account of modern war.

I'll check it out, could be a good downtime fill at work.

GDS_Starfury

BREAKING: Russia's Defence Ministry estimates it still needs to fire at least 3000 missiles before Ukraine's living standards get down to Russia's level.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 23, 2022, 08:30:32 PM
BREAKING: Russia's Defence Ministry estimates it still needs to fire at least 3000 missiles before Ukraine's living standards get down to Russia's level.

You of all people should watch the video I posted. Maybe you'll realize you're not watching a football game.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog