Psst...Hey, Martok!

Started by BanzaiCat, January 04, 2014, 04:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

The Lurking Horror...

Tales of Congo, WW2, and Vietnam vets reporting giant spiders.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bobarossa

Yet another Australian beastie!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-65048226

"not dangerous to humans"   It would be dangerous to me as I'd probably trip and fall trying to get away.

JasonPratt

I believe a lot of things, but I fail to believe humans are invulnerable to those fangs.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

JasonPratt

Terrifying, yes. "Oddly", nope, nothing odd about being terrified of that! Christ, what do all those things eat? Can't be each other...??

JasonPratt

New fear unlocked.

Remember all those spiders we're supposed to swallow while asleep?

What if they decided to spin a web in an ear instead?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/new-fear-unlocked-spider-spins-web-inside-man-s-ear-while-asleep/vi-AA1e25Cb?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=7f288bc8009f45b2b8330c6cc851aa1a&ei=46

I am forced to assume this is another sign of impending Seven Last Years of Tribulation.

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

JasonPratt

Not sure if Martok is still around, but if not this thread must be part of the reason why.

So here, have a video about giant cryptozoological spiders!

By which I mean, spiders the size of a dog. Or to paraphrase Hooper from Jaws: "Now, you see that thumbnail? Those proportions are correct."

You're... ..... ...welcome?  :HideEyes:

Uberhaus

2024 and still these vile, evil creatures threaten us!  "The largest male specimen of the world's most poisonous arachnid has been found by a member of the public in Australia."

Gaahh!:  https://ca.rogers.yahoo.com/news/monstrous-funnel-spider-herculese-breaks-102927449.html

Picture from Australia Reptile Park and the Oz 50 cent coin has a diametre of 31.65mm (an inch being 25.4mm).  Next they'll be parading a giant drop bear!

GDS_Starfury

is anyone surprised this fucker is in Australia?

I'm not.

Sigwolf

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 05, 2024, 11:37:34 AMis anyone surprised this fucker is in Australia?

I'm not.
The spiders there have to be that big, so they can fight off the scorpions the size of your head.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Sigwolf on January 05, 2024, 07:00:33 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 05, 2024, 11:37:34 AMis anyone surprised this fucker is in Australia?

I'm not.
The spiders there have to be that big, so they can fight off the scorpions the size of your head.

And the razorbacks the size of your SUV.