"Six Days in October" -- Game Time Is...

Started by Cyrano, October 15, 2016, 11:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

panzerde

There's our next Kriegsspiel. A hypothetical campaign between the US and Canada in the 1820's where Canada is trying to force the US to take over Quebec. It'll be like the Toledo War.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Cyrano

Quote from: panzerde on June 08, 2018, 12:34:32 PM
There's our next Kriegsspiel. A hypothetical campaign between the US and Canada in the 1820's where Canada is trying to force the US to take over Quebec. It'll be like the Toledo War.

So great...
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

mirth

Count me in!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Cyrano

Very well played, Pratt.

Very well played.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

JasonPratt

To be clear, I'd still sign up!  O0 It seems super-different from the Jena/Austerlitz fight. (Or as it turned out the Naumbourg/Leipzig fight.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

I've been studying how to convert REPUBLIC OF ROME rules to a forum game format. Progress is going well. Aiming to be ready for interest poll by autumn.

tomg

I'm very interested.
Enjoy,
tomg

panzerde

Quote from: tomg on June 25, 2018, 09:35:48 AM

I'm very interested.

For the record, there will be another Kriegsspiel but it won't be the above (that was a joke). From what we discussed at Origins it will be one of two Napoleonic campaigns.

Barthheart

panzerde

It's good for you. Maybe this time we'll introduce real supply rules and we can worry about starving in addition to getting beat up!

You should probably get to be French this time though...

Barthheart

Bring on full supply rules!  :D

I'll be French as long as yer not.....   >:D

panzerde

Quote from: Barthheart on June 25, 2018, 10:11:07 AM
Bring on full supply rules!  :D

I'll be French as long as yer not.....   >:D

If we do the campaign I think we're going to do, I want to be Lannes again. I need my death scene!

bayonetbrant

Quote from: tomg on June 25, 2018, 09:35:48 AMI'm very interested.

Quote from: panzerde on June 25, 2018, 09:41:51 AMFor the record, there will be another Kriegsspiel but it won't be the above (that was a joke). From what we discussed at Origins it will be one of two Napoleonic campaigns.

nothing saying that someone can't run the Canadian invasion of Quebec (yes, I get the irony)

I mean, it won't be me but someone could so it
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers