2017 Game of the Year Nomination (digital)

Started by bayonetbrant, January 17, 2017, 09:05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Opening this year's running nomination thread
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Martok

I'll open things up by nominating Stars in Shadow -- for best 4x game (yes, even with Endless Space 2 on the horizon), and surprise/sleeper hit of the year. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Anguille

Just saw that Master of Orion CtS wasn't on the list for 2016....don't understand and couldn't vote for it.  :-[

For 2017, i say Lord of Rigel.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Anguille on February 01, 2017, 07:02:42 AM
Just saw that Master of Orion CtS wasn't on the list for 2016....don't understand and couldn't vote for it.  :-[

No one nominated it!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Martok

You'd have nominated nuMOO?  While I agree it's turned out to be a fun game, I still think it's way too light to qualify for "Best of" in any category. 

I'm looking forward to LoR too, but it's not even out yet!  :P  Did you get in on the beta or something (and therefore have an idea of how good it is)? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Anguille

Can we only mention games that are already out yet? Maybe i am a dreamer but Lord of Rigel has almost all the features i want/like in a 4x...and i do hope it comes out this year. Master of Orion is not the most innovative but it is the game from 2016 i spent the most time with and had the most fun with (as did my kids)...so yeah it is our family best game of 2016  O0. Even if it was just for the fact that they brought MOO back from its grave  <:-)

mirth

Quote from: Anguille on February 03, 2017, 04:50:43 AM
Can we only mention games that are already out yet?

Nah. Nominate whatever you want. Brant's been very upfront that these awards are purely popularity contests ;)
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

airboy

Best Expansion: Burma Road for Order of Battle WW2

Steelgrave

deleted due to confusion on my part about when a certain game came out   :timeout: :timeout: :timeout:

JasonPratt

Afghanistan '11

Steel Division: Normandy 44

ARK: Survival Evolved ... ..... what? Technically it released this year.  >:D

Tank Warfare: Tunisia 1943

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Raied

JudgeDredd

What are the rules for nomination? Just wargames? Only PC? Released between? (Jan 2017-current?)
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

Barthheart

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 17, 2017, 04:31:26 AM
What are the rules for nomination? Just wargames? Only PC? Released between? (Jan 2017-current?)

Anything you play on an electronic platform that has been released since Jan 1 2017 up to Dec. 31 2017.